Monday, May 27
Tester Niemi Post 562 color guard will perform services at 10:45 a.m. at Spruce Hill Cemetery.
VFW Post 2962 and color guard will perform services at 8:50 a.m. at Atkinson Cemetery.
VFW Post 2962 and color guard will perform services at 9:30 a.m. Elim Lutheran Church Cemetery.
Tester Niemi Post 562 honor guard will perform services at 9 a.m. at Arrowhead Cemetery and at Veterans Memorial Park at 11:45 a.m. The Memorial Park vault, which houses names and photos of local veterans, will be open to the public.
VFW Post 2962 and color guard will perform services at 9:55 a.m. at Oak Lake Cemetery and 11:30 a.m. at Hillside Cemetery. Flag-raising ceremony at Carlton VFW at noon.
The Cloquet Combined Honor Guard, which includes members of American Legion Post 262, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3979 and Disabled American Veterans Chapter 18, will meet at the VFW at 7:30 a.m. A bus will be available to transport Auxiliary members and any other interested guests to the services:
• 8:25 a.m. Minnesota Highway 210, Sawyer;
• 8:30 a.m. St. Mary and Joseph, Sawyer;
• 8:45 a.m. Holy Family Mission;
• 9:15 a.m. Maple Grove Cemetery;
• 9:30 a.m. New Calvary Cemetery;
• 9:50 a.m. Hill between old cemeteries, above Pinehurst Park;
• 10:20 a.m. Apostolic Church, Esko;
• 10:45 a.m. St. Mathew's, North Cloquet Road;
• 11:05 a.m. Pine River, North Minnesota Highway 33.
• The Honor Guard will end at Veterans Park in Cloquet for a flag-raising ceremony at noon. Names of the deceased members of Legion Post 262, VFW Post 3979 and DAV Chapter 18 from the past year will be read.
Tester Niemi Post 562 color guard will perform services at 9:25 a.m. at Perch Lake Cemetery.
VFW Post 2962 and color guard will perform services at 7:45 a.m. at Eagle Lake Cemetery and at 8:10 a.m. at Cromwell Cemetery.
Tester Niemi Post 562 color guard will perform services at 10:05 a.m. at Industrial Cemetery, 11:05 a.m. at Indian Hill Cemetery and Culver Cemetery at 11:15 a.m.
- Duluth American Legion Post 28 will perform a ceremony with the Duluth Combined Honor Guard at 8:30 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Garden in Park Hill Cemetery.
- The Duluth Honor guard will perform a ceremony at 9 a.m. in Forest Hill Cemetery, 2516 Woodland Ave. People are asked to meet at the Veteran’s Memorial. John Glendenning will play bagpipes before and after the ceremony.
- A ceremony will take place at 9 a.m. at the Gary-New Duluth Veterans Memorial, Commonwealth Avenue and Stowe Street.
- A service will be held in the veterans section of Oneota Cemetery at 11 a.m. The Duluth Honor Guard will participate.
- The Memorial Day parade will kick off at 12:30 p.m. in West Duluth.
U.S. Rep. Pete Stauber is among the guest speakers at Sunrise Funeral Home and Cemetery’s 10 a.m. service.
VFW Post 2962 and color guard will perform services at 9:25 a.m. at Holyoke Cemetery.
Tester Niemi Post 562 color guard will perform services at 9:45 a.m. at St. Johns Cemetery.
Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. at Mount Salem Cemetery. Honor guard and speaker Craig Johnson.
Moose Lake High School hosts services at 10 a.m., followed by an Auxiliary coffee social at 11 a.m. at the Soo Line Event Center, 900 Folz Blvd. Refreshments and treats will be served.
Proctor’s 99th annual American Legion Memorial Day Observance will begin at 9:30 a.m. in front of the Soldiers Monument at the Proctor Area Community Center and continue throughout the day as the Proctor American Legion Honor Guard visits six cemeteries. Maj. Jennifer Peterson with the 148th Fighter Wing will be the keynote speaker. Following the ceremony, the Honor Guard will carry the Memorial Day tribute to:
- Pine Hill Lutheran Church, I-35 & Midway Road, 11 a.m.
- Augustana Lutheran Church, 3251 Midway Road, 11:30 a.m.
- Solway Cemetery, Maple Grove Road, noon
- Grand Lake Cemetery, Industrial Road, 1:15 p.m.
- Canosia Township Cemetery, Midway Road & Seville Road, 1:30 p.m.
- Hermantown Cemetery, 5345 Morris Thomas Road, 1:45 p.m.
Tester Niemi Post 562 color guard will perform services at 10:25 a.m. at Independence Cemetery.
- Remembrance services will be held at 9 a.m. at Calvary Cemetery and 10:30 a.m. at Greenwood Cemetery.
- At 1 p.m. the Superior Singers will perform a free concert at the Richard I. Bong Veterans Historical Center.
- The Richard I. Bong Veterans Historical Center is offering free admission for veterans May 26-28.
Two Harbors High School hosts a program, with music by the City Band at 9:30 a.m. and the formal program at 10 a.m. Vietnam veteran James Latvala will be the speaker. Military honors will be conducted and the flag will be raised to full staff at approximately 11:15 a.m. at Lake View Cemetery's veteran section. The public is then invited to a picnic-style lunch at American Legion Post 109 in downtown Two Harbors.
VFW Post 2962 and color guard will perform services at 11:05 a.m. at Silver Brook Township Cemetery.