• "An Evening of Wine and Jazz" hosted by the University of Wisconsin-Superior Alumni Association will be held Thursday, April 25, in the Yellowjacket Union, 1605 Catlin Ave., Superior. The wine and craft beer tasting begins at 5:30 p.m. and will feature live jazz music by the Greg Kehl Moore Quintet. Proceeds benefit UW-Superior students through scholarships, program support and much more. Tickets are $25 in advance. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door for $35. Tickets can be purchased online at uwsuper.edu/alumni/events or by calling (715) 394-8452.
• Memorial Blood Centers will offer the following blood drives across the Northland. Call (888) GIVE-BLD (448-3253) or go to mbc.org for eligibility guidelines and to schedule an appointment.
Monday: 1-4 p.m., 1430 Bois Forte Road, Tower. Sponsored by Tower community.
Monday: 2-6 p.m., Gilbert VFW, 224 N. Broadway.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Dairy Queen, 1441 E. Sheridan, Ely. Sponsored by Kiwanis Club.
Tuesday: Noon to 7 p.m., UMD Housing and Residence Life, Lake Superior Hall 149, 513 Niagara Court, Duluth.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. to noon, Duluth Public Works and Utilities, 520 Garfield Ave.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Northeast Range School, 30 South Drive, Babbitt.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Deerwood Bank, 2950 U.S. 169, Grand Rapids.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Boswell Energy Center, 1210 N.W. Third St., Cohasset.
Friday: 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Cromwell-Wright High School, 5624 Highway 210, Cromwell.
• 13th annual Bike Swap. Donate a new or gently used bike from now until April 27 at Continental Ski & Bike, 1305 E. First St., Duluth. Hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Sale will be held April 27-28. Money raised will support Head of the Lakes United Way and Animal Allies Humane Society. For more information, visit continentalski.com.
• With the retirement of K-9 Kilo, a German shepherd who specializes in narcotics detection and searching for suspects and evidence, a new K-9 will be hired to serve with the St. Louis County Sheriff's office. The cost of a new K-9 is typically $18-$20,000, which includes buying and transporting the new dog, plus a 12-week training course necessary for certification. The AMSOIL Northland Law Enforcement K-9 Foundation will assist with a portion of that cost. Anyone wishing to donate to help with remaining expenses can do so at northlandk9.org.
• The following volunteer opportunity is supported by Courage Kenny Northland. If interested, contact Beth Albrecht, coordinator of volunteer services, at (218) 726-4834, ext. 3, or email Elizabeth.email@example.com.
Archery: 5:30-8 p.m. Mondays, April 15 through May 20, at Chalstrom's Indoor Archery Center on Rice Lake Road. Volunteers assist youth and adults with learning archery. Intermediate to advanced archery experience preferred but not required. Volunteer orientation is 4:30 p.m. prior to first session.
• The Boundary Waters Advisory Committee is seeking volunteers to help restore the historic Powwow Trail. Orientation and training will be held from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at Frost River, 1910 W. Superior St., Duluth. Topics will include a brief history of the Pagami Creek Fire and post fire ecology on the trail, restoration challenges, trail clearing safety, wilderness trails standards, gear and food. The purpose of the workshop is to provide pre-trip training for volunteers before a Frost River sponsored day trip on May 4. Frost River is providing van transportation from the Frost River store and back free of charge. Questions? Contact Martin Kubik at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 214-5849.