Hideaway is a 5-year-old all-black domestic shorthair cat who is available for adoption through Animal Allies in Duluth. True to his name, Hideaway is a bit timid at first and would love to go to a home that is patient and willing to help him come out of his shell. Once he has the opportunity to warm up, he's a very laid back and friendly guy. Because Hideaway is FIV+, he would need a home where he can be the only feline.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies uses the "Meet your Match" adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal's behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter's preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. Call (218) 722-5341 or visit animalallies.net for more information.
PeeWee and Kiwi, a very bonded pair of 9-month-old kittens, are available for adoption through Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc. They were found trying to survive outside in the brutal cold in February. PeeWee has warmed up to his foster mom, but Kiwi is still a bit shy and reserved. These two love to play with the ball-go-round, chase, climbing on the cat tree and sitting in the window. They love belly rubs and snuggles.
These boys are looking for a home that will adopt them together, and they love to play with other cats. They are not good for small children. Cat experience preferred.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions, and we offer a return policy on all our pets. If you would like more information about PeeWee and Kiwi, call (218) 576-8534; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit warmfuzzies.petfinder.com.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
• Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, (218) 638-2153, contentedcritters.org
• Helping PAWS Pet Rescue, Inc., (715) 373-2222, ourhelpingpaws.com
• Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
• Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
• Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
• Oreo's Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, email@example.com
• Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or pphsc.com
• Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900
• Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org