• The annual Minnesota Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 9 spaghetti dinner fundraiser is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at The Sports Garden, 425 S. Lake Ave., Duluth. The event features a silent auction, raffle boards and other games. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children 10 and under. Proceeds benefit law enforcement officers and their families in times of need. For more information, contact Chris Shovein at (218) 340-0217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Memorial Blood Centers will offer the following blood drives across the Northland. Call (888) GIVE-BLD (448-3253) or go to www.mbc.org for eligibility guidelines and to schedule an appointment.
Monday: 8-11 a.m., US Bank, 130 W. Superior St., Duluth.
Monday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., The College of St. Scholastica, 1200 Kenwood Ave., Duluth. Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Two Harbors High School, 1640 Highway 2.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Hinckley Finlayson High School, 201 Main St., Hinckley.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Itasca Community College, 1851 N. Highway 169, Grand Rapids.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Lake Superior College, 2101 Trinity Road, Duluth.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., The College of St. Scholastica Health Science Center, 940 Woodland Ave., Duluth.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Esko High School, 2 Highway 61 E.
• 13th annual Bike Swap. Donate a new or gently used bike from now until April 27 at Continental Ski & Bike, 1305 E. First St., Duluth. Hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Sale will be held April 27-28. Money raised will support Head of the Lakes United Way and Animal Allies Humane Society. For more information, visit www.continentalski.com.
• With the retirement of K-9 Kilo, a German shepherd who specializes in narcotics detection and searching for suspects and evidence, a new K-9 will be hired to serve with the St. Louis County Sheriff's office. The cost of a new K-9 is typically $18-$20,000, which includes buying and transporting the new dog, plus a 12-week training course necessary for certification. The AMSOIL Northland Law Enforcement K-9 Foundation will assist with a portion of that cost. Anyone wishing to donate to help with remaining expenses can do so at www.northlandk9.org.
• The following volunteer opportunity is supported by Courage Kenny Northland. If interested, contact Beth Albrecht, coordinator of volunteer services, at (218) 726-4834, ext. 3, or email Elizabeth.email@example.com.
Archery: 5:30-8 p.m. Mondays, April 15 through May 20, at Chalstrom's Indoor Archery Center on Rice Lake Road. Volunteers assist youth and adults with learning archery. Intermediate to advanced archery experience preferred but not required. Volunteer orientation is 4:30 p.m. prior to first session.