• The Richard I. Bong Veterans Historical Center is hosting Escape the Bong, brought to you by Heritage Window and Door, Thursday through Saturday (Feb. 7-9). Escape the Bong is a three-day event featuring multiple escape rooms that will test your deduction and puzzle solving skills. Each room is designed for an hour of problem solving fun. Each room has its own unique mission and experience. Thursday is kids days, with special pricing all day. On Friday and Saturday, the center will have extended hours, and after 5 p.m., guests will be able to grab a cold beverage to enhance their escape room experience. You may have up to 10 people per group. Smaller groups may be combined to fill out a group of 10. All the money raised from the three-day event will go to the education programs of the center. Visit BongCenter.org for pricing, time slots and registration.
• St. George Serbian Church Choir "Slava" is hosting a fundraiser lunch with entertainment by "Ansambel Potica" Feb. 10 from 1-4 p.m. at the church, 1416 104th Ave. W., Gary-New Duluth. Menu includes: cevaps, Serbian potato salad, bread and dessert. Cost: $12. Proceeds will go towards church repairs.
• Memorial Blood Centers will offer the following blood drives across the Northland. Call (888) GIVE-BLD (448-3253) or go to www.mbc.org for eligibility guidelines and to schedule an appointment.
Monday: 7:30-11:30 a.m., South Ridge School, 8162 Swan Lake Road, Saginaw. Monday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., The College of St. Scholastica, 1200 Kenwood Ave., Duluth.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Two Harbors High School, 1640 Highway 2.
Wednesday: 12:30-3:30 p.m., Essentia Health Business Services Center, 4614 Mike Colalillo Drive, Duluth.
Thursday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., United Piping, 4510 Airport Road, Duluth.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., UMD Kirby Student Center, 1120 Kirby Drive.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Proctor High School, 131 Ninth Ave.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Northland College, 1411 Ellis Ave., Ashland.
• The Benedictine Living Community Auxiliary would appreciate donations of jewelry (new, used, costume, vintage, even broken) and new or gently used purses for their annual jewelry and purse sale on May 9. Donations may be dropped off now through April at the front desk in the Benedictine Health Center lobby, 935 Kenwood Ave., Duluth, or call Stacie at (218) 723-6433 for pick-up.
• Essentia Health-St. Mary's Hospice is looking for volunteers who are dedicated to providing compassionate care for patients so they may live as fully and comfortably as possible.
Essentia trains volunteers in hospice philosophy, spiritual care, grief and bereavement, infection control and symptom management, among other things, via online training and face-to-face meetings. Hospice volunteer opportunities include patient and family support, office support, phone calling and house support at Solvay Hospice House in Duluth. There is an especially great need for volunteers along the North Shore to Silver Bay, the Superior area, Grand Rapids and the Iron Range, and for people with musical skills and volunteers for military veterans.
Anyone who is interested is welcome to complete the free training.