• Memorial Blood Centers will offer the following blood drives across the Northland. Call (888) GIVE-BLD (448-3253) or go to mbc.org for eligibility guidelines and to schedule an appointment.
Monday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., St. Joseph's Catholic Church, 315 SW. 21st St., Grand Rapids.
Tuesday: 9-11:30 a.m., Beltrami Courthouse Administration Building, 701 Minnesota Ave., Bemidji. Sponsored by Beltrami County and the city of Bemidji.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., USG Interiors, 35 Arch St., Cloquet.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sanford Health of Northern Minnesota, 1300 Anne St. NW., Bemidji.
Wednesday: 8-10:30 a.m., 131 W. First St., Duluth.
Wednesday: 1-3:30 p.m., Walmart, 1308 Highway 33 S., Cloquet.
Wednesday: 2:30-6 p.m., Queen of Peace Catholic Church, 102 Fourth St., Cloquet.
Thursday: 2:30-6 p.m., 320 Highway 123, Sandstone. Sponsored by Sandstone area businesses.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Hayward Area Memorial Hospital, 11040 N. State Road 77.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Lac Courte Oreilles Health Center, 13380 W. Trepania Road, Hayward.
Friday: 9 a.m. to noon, Epicurean Cutting Surfaces, 257 B Main St., Superior.
• Superior Choice Credit Union (SCCU) Food Drive: SCCU branches will be collecting nonperishable food items for local food shelves during the month of June. Donation boxes are available at each Superior Choice Credit Union branch. For more information, visit superiorchoice.com/blog.
• Lincoln Park Children and Families Community School collaborative donation drive is seeking donations of new pillows and gently used blanks. Email email@example.com or call (218) 409-7227.
• Grandma's Marathon Shoe Drive: Grandma's Marathon and presenting sponsor Toyota are conducting a shoe drive today through marathon weekend, June 14-16. Shoes can be dropped off at one of the following dealerships during their normal business hours through June 16: Kari Toyota, 1002 Tower Ave., Superior; Kolar Toyota, 4781 Miller Trunk Highway, Hermantown; Iron Trail Toyota, 1301 17th St. S., Virginia; and Ashland Toyota, 2301 Lake Shore Drive E., Ashland. The goal is to fill the bed of a Toyota Tundra truck. An additional collection site will be located at the Grandma's Marathon finish line area as runners will have the option to donate their shoes after they cross the finish line. Goodwill Industries of Duluth will assist in refurbishing and distributing the shoes for use by those in need. For more information on how to make a donation or to contribute gently worn, used or new shoes, call (218) 727-0947.
• Head of the Lakes United Way's Day of Caring is Wednesday, June 20, and the following businesses are looking for volunteers. To sign up, visit volunteerduluth.org or volunteersuperior.org to check out other volunteer opportunities.
Center Against Sexual and Domestic Abuse: Donate time or tools to plant flowers or plants to beautify the building front.
North Shore Horizons: Indoor and outdoor cleaning, organizing and light maintenance around the office and apartments in Two Harbors.
Harbor House Crisis Shelter: Gardening, garage organization, small maintenance projects or play a game at the shelter.
Neighborhood Youth Services: Help set up their community garden.
• The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is seeking volunteers to help monitor the loon population in Cook and Lake counties in Northeastern Minnesota during the June 29 through July 9 monitoring period. Volunteers can choose from one or more of the following Cook and Lake County lakes: Homer, Bonanza, Cross River Lake, Lake T and Thunderbird. Time commitment is one to four hours per lake and must be done between 5 a.m. to noon during the monitoring period. Surveys can be conducted from shore on smaller lakes or by boat or canoe on larger lakes. The DNR will provide detailed instructions, training materials, maps and a data form. If interested, contact Ashley Kastner at (218) 328-8823 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Minnesota's loon monitoring program, visit www.mndnr.gov/eco/nongame/projects.