Make a Difference
• The Sea of Bowls, a preview event for Empty Bowl, is from 5-7 p.m. Monday in the Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Free admission, $25 and up per bowl. Proceeds benefit Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank.
• Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank's annual Empty Bowl fundraiser is from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Event features the sale of ceramic bowls handcrafted by area artists and community members. Free admission. Bowls are $20 and up and include a free meal of soup, bread and a beverage.
• The Duluth East Daredevils will host their annual April fundraiser 5-8 p.m. Tuesday at Duluth East High School, 301 N. 40th Ave. E., with a pasta dinner, bake sale, silent auction and LEGO robotics. The purpose of this fundraiser is to help the Daredevils raise money for their trip to the First World Championships.
• Annual Taste of Italy fundraiser dinner for Project Heart to Heart will be held at Valentini's Wednesday. Tickets are $40 per person and can be purchased in advance at Valentini's or at the door the day of the event. Money raised will help Project Heart to Heart with their efforts in supplying information, support and assistance to families with little heart warriors battling congenital heart defects and to spread awareness.
• Annual Paws for Love fundraiser for the Humane Society of Douglas County begins at 5 p.m. April 21 in Yellowjacket Union at the University of Wisconsin-Superior, 1605 Catlin Ave. Event features live, silent and dessert auctions and entertainment. Tickets are $50 and can be reserved by going to hsdcpets.com or call (715) 398-6784. All proceeds benefit the animals.
• Memorial Blood Centers will offer the following blood drives across the Northland. Call (888) GIVE-BLD (448-3253) or go to mbc.org for eligibility guidelines and to schedule an appointment.
Today: 8:30-11:30 a.m., Glen Avon Presbyterian Church, 2105 Woodland Ave., Duluth. Monday: 2-6 p.m., Gilbert VFW, 224 N. Broadway.
Monday: 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Husky Energy, 4210 Hill Ave., Superior.
Tuesday: 3:30-6:30 pm., Lakeview Covenant Church, 1001 Jean Duluth Road, Duluth.
Tuesday: 3-6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 230 E. Skyline Parkway, Duluth.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., The College of St. Scholastica, 1200 Kenwood Ave., Duluth.
Wednesday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Rainy Lake Medical Center, 1400 Highway 71, International Falls.
Wednesday: 7:30-11:30 a.m., Harbor City International School, 332 W. Michigan St., Duluth.
Thursday: 8-10:30 a.m., International Falls High School, 1515 11th St.
Thursday: 1-4 p.m., First Lutheran Church, 123 Wayside Lane, International Falls.
Thursday: 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Cromwell-Wright High School, 5624 Highway 210, Cromwell.
Thursday: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., The College of St. Scholastica Health Science Center, 940 Woodland Ave., Duluth.
Friday: 9 a.m. to noon, Forestland Building, 1000 Fifth St., International Falls. (Sponsored by Koochiching County employees.)
• Autism Walk Northland for Autism Awareness Month will be held Sunday, April 22, at the Hermantown High School indoor track, 4335 Hawk Circle Drive. Registration and free kids activities begin at 9 a.m., walk begins at 10 a.m. Pre-registration, which is not required but allows teams to accept online donations, is now open at autismwalknorthland.com. There is no registration fee or minimum donation to participate. Pledge sheets are available on the website. New this year is an online silent auction. All money raised by walkers goes directly to free autism programs in our area. Proceeds from the online silent auction are used to cover expenses for next year's walk. This walk is organized locally with the help of sponsors and volunteers. For more information or to make a donation, visit autismwalknorthland.com.
• Sammy's Pizza is hosting a three-day anniversary event from Monday-Wednesday. Customers who purchase any 14-inch or larger pizza can buy a 12-inch one-topping pizza for only 64 cents. On Thursday, in honor of those who have served in the armed forces, a portion of the proceeds received will be donated to local Disabled American Veterans (DAV) chapters. For more information about Sammy's, visit mysammys.com.