CHOWDER is a 6-year-old male brindle chihuahua mix available for adoption through Animal Allies in Duluth. Chowder can be a little shy at first but with time to warm up, he quickly becomes a loving lap dog. This laid-back guy enjoys going for walks and lounging on a comfy bed after a long day.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies uses the "Meet your Match" adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal's behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter's preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. Call (218) 722-5341 or visit animalallies.net for more information.
SUGAR BEAR and TEDDY BEAR are siblings available for adoption through Helping PAWS Pet Rescue Inc. in Washburn. Sugar Bear is a beautiful, silky girl with gorgeous calico coloring. She likes to sit on your shoulder and cuddle. When she's happy, which is pretty much all the time, she flips over on her back for a tummy rub.
Teddy Bear is a handsome brown tabby. He loves people and when he wants to be picked up, he will pat you with his paw. Teddy Bear's favorite non-human friend is his sister, Sugar Bear. They don't have to be adopted together, but they sure would like to be.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. For more information, call Helping PAWS Pet Rescue Inc. at (715) 373-2222, email email@example.com or visit ourhelpingpaws.com for more information.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
• Chequamegon Humane Association, Ashland, (715) 682-9744, CHAadopt.org
• Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, (218) 638-2153, contentedcritters.org
• Friends of Animals of Carlton County, (218) 879-1655, foaonline.org
• Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
• Lake County Humane Society and Animal Shelter, Two Harbors, (218) 834-5806
• Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
• Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
• Oreo's Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, email@example.com or pphsc.com
• Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900
• Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota Inc. (RAGOM), (952) 946-8070 or visit ragom.org
• Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org
• Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc., Petsitter99@yahoo.com, (218) 576-8534, warmfuzzies.petfinder.com