Pet of the Week
FREDDY is a 4-year-old Labrador mix available for adoption through Animal Allies in Duluth. Freddy is smart, friendly and playful. He loves squeaky toys and playing tug of war. He knows the commands for sit, get down, outside, walk and lay down, and he's potty trained. Freddy is an energetic guy that would enjoy some space to run or a friend who would be willing to take him on walks. Freddy is said to get along with cats but would prefer a home with no other dogs or kids.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies uses the "Meet your Match" adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal's behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter's preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. Call (218) 722-5341 or visit animalallies.net for more information.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
• Chequamegon Humane Association, Ashland, (715) 682-9744, CHAadopt.org
• Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, (218) 638-2153, contentedcritters.org
• Friends of Animals of Carlton County, (218) 879-1655, foaonline.org
• Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
• Lake County Humane Society and Animal Shelter, Two Harbors, (218) 834-5806
• Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
• Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
• Oreo's Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, email@example.com
• Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or pphsc.com
• Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900
• Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org
• Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc., Petsitter99@yahoo.com or warmfuzzies.petfinder.com.