Biz Buzz for Oct. 6
HIRES AND PROMOTIONS * Essentia Health announced the following: Dr. Daniel Wolbrink, a hospitalist, joined Essentia Health-St. Mary's Medical Center in Duluth. Wolbrink earned a medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School in Mi...
HIRES AND PROMOTIONS
* Essentia Health announced the following:
Dr. Daniel Wolbrink, a hospitalist, joined Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Medical Center in Duluth. Wolbrink earned a medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis and completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. He is certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in internal medicine.
Dr. Kristi Estabrook, a psychiatrist, joined Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Medical Center and will see hospitalized patients and patients seen in the emergency department. Estabrook earned a medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee and completed a residency in adult psychiatry and a psychosomatic fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, also in Milwaukee. She is certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in psychiatry.
Dr. Beret Casey, an endocrinologist, joined Essentia Health-Ashland Clinic. Casey earned a medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin, completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Alabama in Birmingham and a fellowship in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism at the University of Colorado Hospital in Denver. Casey is certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in internal medicine.
Physician assistant Jillian Jacobson joined the emergency department at Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Medical Center.
Jacobson earned a master’s degree in physician assistant studies from the University of North Dakota School of Medicine in Grand Forks and is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Nurse practitioner Laura Winters joined the vascular surgery department at Essentia Health-Duluth Clinic in Duluth. Winters earned a master’s degree in nursing from the University of North Dakota College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines in Grand Forks and is certified as a family nurse practitioner by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
Nurse practitioner Tasha Waage joined the family medicine department at Essentia Health-Deer River Clinic in Deer River. Waage earned a master’s degree in nursing from the University of North Dakota College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines and is certified as a family nurse practitioner by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
* Republic Bank announced the following:
Seth Mathews was promoted to personal banking officer in the downtown Duluth location. He will be responsible for consumer loan originations and will work closely with the commercial department. He previously worked as a teller coordinator for US Bank and joined Republic Bank in 2008, most recently as a personal banker at the Decker Road location.
Julie Dallmann was promoted to vice president of commercial lending in the downtown Duluth location. She holds bachelor’s degrees in accounting and economics from the University of Minnesota Duluth and earned her master’s degree in business administration from the UMD Labovitz School of Business and Economics. Dallman joined Republic Bank in 2005 as a credit analyst.
Jeanne Nolan was promoted to senior credit analyst for commercial lending at the downtown Duluth location. Nolan holds a bachelor’s degree in management from the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth. She previously held positions at US Bank and M&I Bank, joining Republic Bank as a credit analyst in 2006.
Rod Kinnee was hired as a mortgage loan originator in the downtown Duluth location. In this position, he will be responsible for obtaining prospects for all types of mortgages, including construction loans, real estate purchases, and refinancing and lease-land financing. Kinnee earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Superior and previously worked as a mortgage consultant with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and as an account representative with US Bank.
Nancy Rislov-Johnson was hired as assistant vice president/ branch manager of the Decker Road location. She is responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships. Before joining Republic Bank, Rislov-Johnson worked as an assistant bank manager with BMO Harris Bank in Superior and as a personal banking officer at Wells Fargo Bank in Duluth.
Elise Jochims was hired as a credit analyst in the downtown Duluth location. She earned bachelor’s degrees in financial management and leadership and management from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul. Before joining Republic Bank, she worked at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage in Minneapolis.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
* National Bike Dealer’s Association announced Ski Hut in Duluth was named one of America’s Best Bike Shops for 2014. The NBDA is a nonprofit association promoting the interests of specialty bicycle retailers in the United States. To be considered, Ski Hut went through an impartial application process which included components in advocacy as well as a mystery shopping experience.
* My Place Realty Inc. announced Jon Nelson was named agent of the month for September.
* Dr. Teresa Theobald of Theobald Family Eye Care in Duluth was named Optometrist of the Year by the Minnesota Optometric Association during its annual fall meeting. The award is presented to an outstanding optometrist showing dedicated involvement in the professional community.
Theobald is a past president of MOA and served on the Board of Trustees for 10 years. She also helped build a political action committee for Minnesota optometrists.
* Duluth Housing and Redevelopment Authority received designation as a “High Performer” by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in the Public Housing Assessment System measurement of four key factors: physical conditions, financial condition, management operations and capital fund administration.
The Duluth HRA owns and manages 1,152 units of public housing throughout the city that provide affordable housing to low and moderate income individuals and families.
* Kerri D. Hager of Duluth was named the 2014 Distinguished Young Pharmacist of the Year in Minnesota by Pharmacists Mutual Cos. Hager earned a pharmacy degree from the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy and is employed at the college and at University of Minnesota Duluth Medication Therapy Management Clinic.
The award is presented to a pharmacist in each state for individual excellence and outstanding contributions in state pharmacy association activities, community affairs and professional practice.
* Lorrie Janatopoulos of Eveleth was appointed to the Governor’s Workforce Development Council by Gov. Mark Dayton. Janatopoulos’ term expires Dec. 31, 2017.
* Twin Ports Pet Sitters LLC opened Wednesday in Duluth.
The business offers reliable in-home pet sitting with a team of professional animal caregivers with varying experiences in pet related services. Kristin Baumgarten is the owner and was previously employed in corporate food sales and marketing cardiovascular and diabetic pharmaceuticals. Contact the company at 2424 E. Second St., (218) 590-7777, twinportspetsitters.com.
* Reliable Insurance Agency will celebrate 40 years of serving the community with a business after-hours event from 4-8 p.m. Wednesday at its Cloquet office, 803 Carlton Ave.
Biz Buzz is a collection of business news tidbits from around the region. Send your business openings or closings, personnel changes or other news of interest in the business community to Biz Buzz, Duluth News Tribune, 424 W. First St., Duluth, MN 55802, email email@example.com , or fax (218) 720-4120. The deadline for submissions is noon Friday.