Biz Buzz for Oct. 23, 2017
NEW HIRES/PROMOTIONS o JMR Financial Group of Duluth announced three new financial experts joined their staff and are key members in JMR's newly formed Quality and Strategy Team. Brian Koski is a finance manager. He is a graduate of Gustavus Adol...
• JMR Financial Group of Duluth announced three new financial experts joined their staff and are key members in JMR's newly formed Quality and Strategy Team. Brian Koski is a finance manager. He is a graduate of Gustavus Adolphus College and has a bachelor's degree in accounting with a minor in computer science. He has over 30 years of accounting experience in the trucking industry. Brenda Quade has a bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Minnesota Duluth and is a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. She has over 30 years experience in various accounting and management roles. She will focus her efforts on the reorganization of the accounting department. Dennis Lundin earned a bachelor of business administration and a bachelor of accountancy from UMD. He joined the JMR Group as the tax manager with a wide range of experience in both private industry and public accounting. He will manage all aspects of the tax department.
• Len Sarvela, a Realtor with Real Estate Masters, Inc., in Duluth, has been named this year's Realtor of the Year in Minnesota. Sarvela has been a licensed Realtor for 28 years.
• Fryberger, Buchanan, Smith & Frederick, P.A. announce that Stephanie Ball, Paul Kilgore, David Oberstar and James Stewart have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018. Ball was selected for her practices in the area of personal injury litigation. Kilgore was selected for his practices in real estate and real estate law. Oberstar was selected for his practices in Timber Law. Stewart was selected for practices in areas of tax law and trusts and estates.
• Per Mar Security Services, a leading provider of total security solutions for residential and commercial clients based in Davenport, Iowa, was recognized by Security Sales and Integration as a top market leader for delivering customized security solutions in the retail and entertainment, utilities, health care and education sectors. Per Mar operates an office in Duluth.
• Holiday Inn & Suites-Duluth and Lyon Hotel Group announce that Lyric Kitchen - Bar, formerly Porter's restaurant on Superior Street in downtown Duluth, will open for business on Oct. 30. It will feature a full bar and fine dining experience to celebrate all things Duluth.