• Family medicine physician Dr. Tom Witt has joined the Essentia Health-Virginia Clinic in Virginia. Witt brings more than 30 years of clinical and leadership experience to Essentia Health. He earned a medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis and completed his residency in family medicine at the University of North Dakota Bismarck. Witt is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine in family medicine.
• Physician assistant Gretchen Kehoe has joined the ear, nose and throat department at Essentia Health-Duluth Clinic. Kehoe earned a master's degree in physician assistant studies from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine in North Chicago, Ill. She is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
• Essentia Health-Spooner Clinic announced the following hires:
Nurse practitioner Samantha Rhode has joined the family medicine department. Rhode earned a master's degree in nursing from Chamberlain College of Nursing in Downer Grove, Ill. She's certified as a family nurse practitioner by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
Nurse practitioner Tina Walman has joined the family medicine department. Walman earned a master's degree in nursing from Frontier Nursing University in Hyden, Ky. She is certified as a family nurse practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. She has 14 years of experience working for Essentia Health, most recently in the Family Medicine Department in Superior.
• Sean Ochis has been named partner and vice president of Northern Industrial Insulation in Hermantown. Ochis has been with NII since 1997 and has 21 years of experience in the business with commercial and industrial thermal insulation projects.
• Bill McMahan joined Lake Superior College as an unlimited full-time Aviation Maintenance Technology program instructor in the business and industry division. McMahan has worked as an adjunct instructor in the Aviation Maintenance Technology program at LSC since August 2016. He previously worked as an airframe and powerplant lead mechanic/materials handler for AAR in Duluth and Indianapolis, Ind., and as an aviation instructor for the Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Kansas City, Mo., Indianapolis and Dallas, Texas. McMahan earned his A&P certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration.
• Pat Cutshall has been named ALLETE vice president and corporate treasurer. Cutshall joined the company in 1989 as a financial analyst for Minnesota Power. He was promoted to manager-investments in 2009, to director-investments and tax in 2014 and named treasurer in 2016. He is a certified public accountant and holds the chartered financial analyst designation. Cutshall earned his bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Minnesota Duluth.
• Dr. David Moyer, a hospitalist, has joined Community Memorial Hospital in Cloquet. Moyer, a native of Hibbing, attended the University of Minnesota-Duluth Medical School and completed his residency at the University of North Dakota Grand Forks with a focus on family practice. He previously practiced medicine in the Hibbing-Virginia area.
• RE/MAX Results announces that Trish Kroening has joined their team as a sales executive. She brings over 20 years of real estate experience.
• Tiwahe Foundation announces that Nevada Littlewolf is their new president and CEO as of March 1. Prior to this, Littlewolf served as the executive director of Rural American Indigenous leadership, an organization she founded in 2012 to support and grow women's leadership in rural Minnesota. She has been an elected leader on the Virginia City Council since 2008. Littlewolf developed a culturally-specific leadership training with several national training organizations, including The White House Project and Wellstone Action. She earned an associate of arts degree from Mesabi College, a bachelor's degree from the University of Minnesota Duluth and is a 2016 Bush Fellow.
• Real Living Messina & Associates in Duluth was awarded first place for the Top Office Award for 2017. They were also presented the Diamond Elite Real Living 360 Service Award for Superior Customer Service and placed third in the Top Company Per Person Productivity Award. Agent Deanna Bennett received the first-place award for the Top Agent in Closed Units and first place for Top Agent in Total GCI, out of 4,000 agents in the Real Living, LLC franchise. She was also granted the Chairman's Guild Medallion and the Diamond Elite Real Living 360 Top Customer Service Award.
Additional Real Living Awards were presented for the following:
Top Productivity Awards: Diamond Medallion to Alicia Lokke, Nicole Conrad, Frank Messina; Emerald Medallion to Eric Sams, Michelle Peterson, Kevin O'Brien, Brenna Fahlin; Sapphire Medallion to Jarett Mickelson, Deanne Furo, Deena Shykes, Michael Messina; Ruby Medallion to Gage Hartman, River Rockenstein, Sherri Pearson, Jeff Leusman, Valarie Lake, Elizabeth Kidd, Cheryl Ekstrand, Steve Carlson.
Top 100 Agent Awards for Closed Units National Ranking: Alicia Lokke, 18; Frank Messina, 19; Nicole Conrad, 33; Brenna Fahlin, 59; Kevin O'Brien, 61; Michelle Peterson, 83.
Top 100 Agent Awards for Total GCI National Ranking: Frank Messina, 19; Nicole Conrad, 35; Alicia Lokke, 46; Kevin O'Brien, 86.
Real Living 360 Top Customer Service Awards for Superior Customer Service: Diamond Elite went to Alicia Lokke, Deena Shykes, Eric Sams, Kevin O'Brien, Michelle Peterson, Nicole Conrad. Diamond went to Carol Carlson, Cheryl Ekstrand, Elizabeth Kidd, Jeff Leusman, Ken Leiviska, Michael Messina, River Rockenstein, Sherri Pearson.
• Swim Creative was recently awarded Merit for their video ad campaign for the University of Wisconsin-Superior during the fifth annual Education Digital Marketing Awards. These awards, which are sponsored by the Higher Education Marketing Report, look to honor the best in educational digital marketing across the country. Swim Creative created a set of videos to promote the university to potential freshmen and online learners. Swim Creative concepted, wrote and directed the promotional piece which was shot by Happy Tree Productions.
• Villa Marina Health and Rehabilitation Center, in Superior, was awarded the title "America's Best Nursing Homes" for 2017-2018. The center has been rated as a top performer by U.S. News and World Report.
• Jodi Olson, sales associate with Century 21 Gilderman & Associates, Inc., was awarded the Century 21 President's Producer Award. The annual award is
bestowed upon those Century 21 System sales affiliates that earn the Century 21 Centurion award and the Century 21 Quality Service Pinnacle Producer award in the same calendar year.
• LHB's "Impact of Office Plug Load Reduction Strategies Study" received an engineering excellence honor award from the American Council of Engineering Companies of Minnesota. This 51st annual competition recognizes engineering achievements that exhibit the highest degree of merit and ingenuity. Entries were judged based on originality and innovation; future value to the engineering profession; social, economic and sustainable design consideration; complexity; and meeting the client's needs.
• Tucker Hanlon of Hanlon & Associates has achieved Leaders Circle status in 2017 from the Atlas Insurance Brokers of Rochester, Minn. Leader Circle honors top agencies for their hard work in 2017. Hanlon & Associates was also named a Platinum Agent for its fourth consecutive year, which recognizes its premium growth throughout the 2017-18 year.
• RE/MAX Results won the Top Office in Transaction-Medium Market for their Superior office. Team achievements include: Titan Club Level Achievement to Zenith City Group, Chairman's Club Team Awards to 2Bridges Real Estate Team and Action Acton Team; Platinum Club Team Awards to Twin Ports Team, 100% Club Level Achievement to The Lynn Nephew Team, The Christine Fairchild Team and The Freeman Team. Individual achievements include: Chairman's Club Level Achievement to Brok Hansmeyer (MN), Platinum Club Level Achievement to Ben Funke (MN/WI), Jim Ronding (WI/MN), Thomas Action (WI/MN); 100% Club Level Achievement to Leah Borgren (MN/WI), Alicia Buria (MN), Jeff Digle (MN/WI), Christine Fairchild (MN), Douglas Freeman (MN), Andrew Frielund (MN/WI), Ron Hanger (MN), Gary Kalligher (MN/WI), Lynn Nephew (MN/WI), Jonathan Thornton (MN), Beverly Van Alstine (MN), Steve Germond (WI/MN), Bobbie Engstrom Germond (WI/MN), Leah Hollenbach (WI/MN), Mike Raivala (WI/MN), Greg Running (WI/MN), Megan Wilson (WI/MN), Maria Letsos (WI/MN), Brenda Eisenmann (WI/MN), Steve Braman (WI/MN), Nancy Murray (WI/MN); Executive Club Level Achievement to John Doberstein (MN), Richard Erickson (MN), Michael Hoffman (MN/WI), Linda Johnson (MN), Kris Kapsner (MN), Kevin Lomen (MN), Randy Myhre (MN), Kevin Rappana (MN), Gage Ritchie (MN), Judy Snow (MN), Dan Traylor (MN), April Johnson (WI/MN), Colette Ogren (WI), Julie Russom (WI/MN), Melissa Sundet (WI).
• FIT4MOM Twin Ports announces that Rachel Keogan and Amanda Schmitz have become nationally certified as stroller strides instructors. Keogan, of Duluth, is a local elementary school teacher. She will be teaching a regular evening stroller strides class. Schmitz, a Carlton native, is a local physical therapist assistant. She will be teaching a regular evening in Esko and leading new classes in Cloquet beginning this summer.
• Julie Spiering, certified interior designer, principal and director of interior design at DSGW Architects, has earned her Evidence-Based Design Accreditation and Certification. Evidence-Based Design is the process of basing healthcare facility planning and design decisions about the built environment on credible research to achieve the best possible patient, staff and operational outcomes.
• Age Well Arrowhead announces that the following staff members from Chris Jensen Health and Rehabilitation Center completed the Dementia Friendly at Work training: Brenda Lundgren, Jackie Polodoski, Barb Heikkila, Kris Bates, Ben Wils, Danielle LePage, Jeffrey Wood, Michael Haworth, Karrie Amys, Cindy Richey, Shannon Brewington, Robin Burkland, Holly Jampsa, Alex Grey, Joe Carlson, Katrina Degeler, Julie Rulia, Amy Porter and Tonya Kuhlman.
GRAND OPENING/RIBBON CUTTING
• North Shore Title announces the Duluth/Matterhorn office grand opening, 3:30-5:30 p.m. Thursday, 5005 Matterhorn Drive, Suite 2. Ribbon cutting at 4 p.m.
• AEOA held a ribbon cutting at Community Care Auto Repair Service, 1106 Eight St. S., Virginia, on Feb. 15. This auto garage provides a sliding scale fee for income qualified individuals to get repairs to their cars and is open to the general public as well.
• Dead on Arms Indoor Shooting Range, 6552 Highway 2, Cloquet, held its grand opening on Feb. 15. Go to deadonshootingrange.com for details.