• Citon Computer Corp has hired Nick Stone as a network engineer and Eric Hagfors as a systems engineer. Stone has over seven years of IT industry experience and will work closely with Citon's network services division. He was previously an IT security analyst for a regional health care provider and holds an associate's degree in network administration from Lake Superior College as well as certifications in CompTIA Security+, Network+ and A+. Hagfors will focus on mission critical solutions in Citon's Managed Service division to secure and support client endpoints. He brings more than eight years of experience in technology support, implementation and improvement. He previously worked as an IT engineer for Red Rock Radio in Duluth and a support technician for WDS Global in Kirkland, Wash. Hagfors attended Bellevue College in Bellevue, Wash., and is a graduate of Shattuck-St. Mary's School in Faribault, Minn.
• Erin Stern, EVP and chief merchandising officer of Maurices, was promoted to president of Dressbarn which will allow President and CEO George Goldfarb to focus exclusively on Maurices. Other senior leadership moves include Sue Ross, previously EVP of HR for Maurices and Dressbarn, now leading talent acquisition, talent strategy and corporate affairs for Ascena; Deaven Yuska has been promoted to SVP-general merchandise manager; Meg Sworsky has been promoted to VP-HR at Maurices; Laura Siger has been promoted to VP-strategy at Maurices; Dana Barry, previously a leader of Ascena's LOFT brand, has been promoted to lead the stores organization for Maurices; Brian Thun (CFO) and Mike Herrick (SVP-planning and allocation) will continue to serve on Maurices' executive leadership team.
• St. Luke's Rheumatology Associates welcomes Dr. Jeffrey Felt. Felt received his medical degree at the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis. He completed his internship in internal medicine at UCLA and his residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Minnesota. Felt completed his fellowship in rheumatology at the University of Minnesota Hospitals, Minneapolis. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in rheumatology and internal medicine. Prior to this position, Dr. Felt was with the Minnesota Department of Corrections, serving as a rheumatologist.
• Paige Reeves is UMD's corporate and foundations relations development officer. Reeves received her master's degree in education administration, higher education, from Minnesota State University Mankato. Prior to this she was a biological specialist and regional sales manager at CVS Health for Minnesota and the surrounding six-state region, leading a team and managing relationships and a business portfolio within the health care sector. She has also served as a development director for a K-12 school and an art center, as well as working with several nonprofits as a contracted development professional.
• The Richard I. Bong Veterans Historical Center has hired Hayes Scriven as its executive director in March 2017. Hayes has experience in fundraising, grant-writing, marketing and exhibit and program development.
• RE/MAX Cloquet announces that Katy Chartier is its newest agent.
• The IMT Group, a Midwest-based provider of personal and commercial products, recognized Twin Ports Insurance as one of the highest-performing agencies in its six state territory. Of the approximately 1,000 IMT Group agencies eligible, only 84 of the top-performing agencies received the honorable Gem distinction this year. To earn this honor, the agency had to demonstrate outstanding performance in the areas of growth, loss ratio and profitability.
• Royal Credit Union and its "Because You Can" campaign received an award in the category of Community Impact & Outreach from The Minnesota Credit Union Network. The campaign was created by Swim Creative.
• Superior-Douglas County Chamber of Commerce honored the following businesses at the Chamber Annual Meeting. Earth Rider Brewery was selected to win the New Business of the Year Award, P&R Properties Twin Ports, LLC, was the winner of the Outstanding Young Business Award and Superior Animal Hospital received the Community Cornerstone Award. Linnae Currie of Superior Choice Credit Union was given the Chamber Ambassador of the Year award for her dedication, positivity and hard work on behalf of the Chamber organization.
• Citon announces that Josh Gruba, network operations center engineer, recently passed the ACMT 2017 Mac Service Certification exam. In obtaining this certification, Citon is equipped to provide support to organizations with Mac OS-based systems such as school districts, design agencies, architecture and engineering firms. Also, as a nationally-recognized Hewlett Packard Enterprise Silver Partner, Citon's sales and engineering teams have recently obtained specializations in campus switching, data center and network storage. With these specializations, Citon possesses leading-edge expertise in designing, building and supporting business networks around the HPE platform.
• Catching Adventures, LLC, is a new business in Duluth that is dedicated to teaching people of all ages how to fish and providing an enjoyable fishing experience for everyone. Owner Peter Hafften has extensive fishing experience on lakes and rivers in our region and taught for nine years in secondary education. The company will also provide educational seminar about fishing to help people learn the basics before venturing into the water. To find them, go to catchingadvetnures.com or call (651) 270-7155.
• Upper Lakes Food, of Cloquet, announces the grand opening of its 100,000-square-foot distribution center in Janesville, Wis. This added over 70 jobs to the Janesville area, bringing its total workforce up to 380. A grand-opening event will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 27 at the new facility located at 4298 Capital Circle Drive in Janesville.
• Jill Keppers, executive director of the Duluth Housing & Redevelopment Authority, has been elected as member at large on the board of directors for the Minnesota Chapter of the National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials, which is a two-year term. Minnesota NAHRO is a professional membership organization comprised of over 5,000 agencies and officials through Minnesota who administer a variety of affordable housing and community development programs at a local level.