• The Andrew & Bransky law firm has named Jane Cahill Poole as partner and the firm has been renamed Andrew, Bransky & Poole, P.A. Poole is a graduate of Duluth Central High School and the University of Minnesota Duluth. She graduated magna cum laude from Mitchell Hamline School of Law in 2010 and has worked for the firm since 2011. She was named a "Rising Star" attorney in 2017 and practices in the area of labor law and employee benefits.
• Shelbi Graber has been hired as Volunteer and Fundraising Coordinator for Age Well Arrowhead. Graber holds a bachelor's degree in international relations and French as a master's degree in education. She has extensive experience in event planning and sales.
• Tim Smith has been promoted from credit analyst to commercial banker for National Bank of Commerce. Smith earned his bachelor's degree in accounting and political science from the University of Minnesota Duluth. He joined NBC three years ago as a credit analyst where he continued to grow and expand his knowledge of the financial industry. He will work out of NBC's Superior main branch.
• Northwest Wisconsin Workforce Investment Board Inc. presented its Business of the Year awards during its December meeting. BW Papersystems, Cutting Edge Metals Inc. and Senior Resource Center were acknowledged for their outstanding commitment to their community and employees. BW Papersystems won the Large Business Award, Cutting Edge Metals won the Small Business Award and Senior Resource Center won the Community Impact Award.
• Century 21 Gilderman & Associates, Inc., announced that Jodi Olson was recognized as top sales agent for December 2017.
• Age Well Arrowhead congratulates Members Cooperative Credit Union for completing the Dementia Friendly at Work training in December 2017. Members Cooperative Credit Union has become a leader in the community when it comes to educating employees about dementia and adjusting to meet the needs of its members. The customized training focused on creating a dementia-friendly environment, communication strategies, and making financial adjustments to accommodate those with dementia. People who completed the training are: Kathlynn McConnell, Miyalisa Viele, John Shannon, Kendra Sieger, Rick Borchardt, Jennifer Caban, Melissa Ostrom, Libby Socha, Hollie Randolph, Amy Kiney, Brynn Blake, Marisa Stockwell, Madison Cunningham, Patrick Heaslep, Libby Johnson, Brad Neuharth, Deede Westermann, Aaron Winkelman, Robyne DePaulis, Jen Landwehr, Lesa Bergquist, and Toni Proulx.
• North Shore Title is opening two new locations in Duluth and Cloquet. The Duluth grand opening will be held from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Thursday at 5005 Matterhorn Drive, Suite 2. Ribbon cutting at 4 p.m. The Cloquet office will celebrate its grand opening from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Jan. 25 at 1111 Cloquet Ave., Suite 3, Cloquet.