• Exercise physiologist Kyle Tingum has joined the cardiac rehabilitation staff at Community Memorial Hospital in Cloquet. Tingum graduated from Winona State University with a bachelor's degree in exercise science: cardiac rehabilitation and previously worked at Essentia in the stress lab as a cardiology technician.
• Physician assistant Kjerstin Durie has joined the Family Medicine Department at the Essentia Health-Grand Rapids Clinic. She will also care for patients at Essentia's clinic in Remer. Durie earned a master's degree in physician assistant studies from Bethel University in Arden Hills, Minn. She is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
• St. Luke's Anesthesia Associates welcomed Dr. Andrew Hollatz. Hollatz received his medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School Duluth/Minneapolis and completed his internship and residency in anesthesiology at the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics. He completed a cardiothoracic anesthesiology fellowship at the University of Chicago and is board certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Hollatz previously was with Madison Anesthesiology Consultants, LLP.
• Real Living Messina & Associates, Inc., welcomed Christi Slattengren to the Deanna Bennett Real Estate Team. Slattengren joins the team alongside Realtors Deanna Bennett and Casey Scrignoli.
• Jerod Boisjoli has been named an ITS III-System Administrator in the Lake Superior College Technology division. He served previously as an ITS II system administrator at LSC. He will be responsible for configuring and administering industry standard servers, cloud and hybrid environments. Boisjoli previously worked at the University of Wisconsin- Superior as a senior IT professional. He earned a bachelor's degree in information technology from the University of Phoenix.
• The Entrepreneur Fund announced that 11 Grand Rapids business owners completed the six-session fall series, "Be Strategic: Grow Your Business." They included: Abram Osborne, Gadget ER; Kim Brown, Great Northern Equipment; Kelly Porter and Georgia Sarich, Kelly G's Wild Rice Burgers; Paul Haddix, Paul Haddix Locksmithing; Wendy Uzelac, Remax 1000 Lakes; John Schroeder, Schroeder Log Home Supply; Amanda and Brendan Grubbs, Spartan Fitness; Lisa and Dean Carsrud, Absolute PCA.
• Kristi Buchman, CHOICE Unlimited, graduated from the Leading and Managing Nonprofit Organizations Certificate Program, offered through the Center for Continuing Education at the University of Wisconsin-Superior.
• The Twin Ports Arrowhead Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) is proud to announce the election of the following officers and board members to a two-year term starting in 2018: Ken Larson (Belknap Electric) as president, Mark Mann (North Country Electric, Inc.) as chapter vice president, Rick Osbakken (Holden Electric) as chapter treasurer, Peter Clark (Parsons Electric) and Rick Hart (Duluth Electrical Contracting Inc.) as board members.
The Chapter also officially announced the retirement of current NECA chapter manager William M. Majerle, after nearly 40 years with the organization. Majerle began his career with the chapter in 1979 and was hired as chapter manager in 1987. The chapter has hired current assistant chapter manager David Orman to succeed him.
• The Iron Mining Association of Minnesota announced the results of its annual board elections. Incoming board members include: Randy Abernethy of Industrial Welders & Machinists in Duluth, Marci Knight of American Bank of the North in Hibbing, Jeff Lipovetz of TKDA in Minneapolis, and John Ward of Komatsu Mining Corp. Group in Virginia.
Also new to the 2018 board are producer directors from Cleveland-Cliffs, Chad Asgaard, general manager of United Taconite, and Paul Carlson, incoming general manager of Northshore Mining. They join the following board members: William Bond, Jonathan Holmes (ArcelorMittal Minorca), Patrick Bloom, Sandy Karnowski (Cleveland-Cliffs), David Bednarz, Mark Lorenz (Steel Dynamics), Chrissy Bartovich, Tim Kalisch, Larry Sutherland (U.S. Steel), Jon Anderson (RMS Tritec), Art Lind (Lind Industrial Supply), Brian Maki (Lakehead Constructors), Bruce Mars (Conveyor Belt Services), Nels Ojard (Krech Ojard & Associates), Jim Perry (Furin & Shea), and Matt Thibodeau (Thibodeau, Johnson & Feriancek).
Also announced this month was the appointment of Ed LaTendresse as the IMA's new board chair. LaTendresse is transitioning from general manager of Cliffs' Northshore Mining to Hibbing Taconite, where he will take over the general manager role when Jack Croswell retires. LaTendresse will replace outgoing IMA board chair Larry Sutherland, general manager of U.S. Steel's Minnesota Ore Operations.