Outdoors Notes for April 15, 2018
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute offers these events. Call (218) 726-4834, ext. 1 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays through April 26 — Yoga at various locations.
• Monday — Archery begins at Chalstrom's Archery Center
• April 28 — Power soccer tournament at UWS
• May 3 — Arrowhead Youth Games at UMD
• June 2 — Fishing tournament at Fish Lake
• Sept. 8 — Shoot for Fun, Old Vermilion Trail Shooting Preserve.
UMD RSOP offers these events. Call (218) 726-7128., email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to umdrsop.org.
• Bike repair Mondays, 6-7:30 p.m. Mondays through April 23, Rental Center, 154 SpHC.
Duluth Folk School, 1917 W. Superior St., offers Duluth Audubon Society bird watching, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays through April 30 or 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesdays through May 1. Call (218) 310-0098 or go to duluthfolkschool.com.
Western Lake Superior Trolling Association will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Mr. D's. Capt. Tim Kotter will discuss fishing on Lake Superior. Swap meet precedes meeting at 6 p.m.
Old Vermilion Trail Sporting Clays will be open for skeet, noon to 3 p.m. Saturdays and
Sundays through April 29. Call (218) 428-3324.
Arrowhead Fly Fishers, 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Clyde Iron Works, 2920 W. Michigan St. Casting at 6 p.m. Speaker: Valerie Brady from UMD on "Bugs in Our Streams."
12th annual Bike Swap, April 21-22, Continental Ski & Bike, 1305 E. First St. Donate new and gently used bikes now through April 21. Proceeds benefit Head of the Lakes United Way and Animal Allies Humane Society. Go to continentalski.com.
Lake Superior Steelhead Association annual spring banquet, 5 p.m. April 21, Clearwater Grille, 5135 North Shore Drive.Tickets: $30 per person. Go to steelheaders.org or call Kevin at (218) 525-5960.
Ruffed Grouse Society Duluth/Superior Chapter's 38th annual Conservation & Sportsmen's Banquet, 5:30 p.m. April 26, Elks Club, 1503 Belknap St., Superior. Tickets: $75 for membership; $100 for membership and spouse; $35 for junior member ages 17 and younger. Call Greg at (715) 392-0688 or email gjohnson@AmericanExcelsior.com.
Jay Cooke State Park, in Carlton, offers these events. Meet at the River Inn Interpretive Center. Go to mndnr.gov/jaycooke.
• 1-2 p.m. April 28: Who Gives a Peep? Minnesota Frogs & Toads
• 10:30-11:30 a.m. May 3: Li'l Park PEEPS, for ages 2-5. Meets first Thursday of each month.
• 1-2:30 p.m. May 19 and May 26: Spring Wildflower Walk
• 8-9 p.m. May 26: Strawberry Full Moon
• 1-2:30 p.m. June 2: Lady's-slipper Walk
• 1-2:30 p.m. Thursdays, June 14-Aug. 16: Nature Play for kids.
• 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 23, July 15 as well as Aug. 5: Family Archery Workshop.
• 1-3 p.m. June 23, July 15 as well as Aug. 5: Archery in the Park
Minnesota Master Naturalist volunteer training, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 7-11, Boulder Lake Environmental Learning Center. Cost: $275, including materials. Free camping available; meals on your own. Call (888) 241-4532 or go to MinnesotaMasterNaturalist.org to register.
Superior Hiking Trail Hike Fest, May 18-20, Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center, Finland. Go to shta.org for details.
Women's Intro to Wingshooting Duluth/Superior Area, 6 p.m. June 12, June 26, July 10, July 24, Aug. 7, Aug. 21 and Sept. 9, Superior Trap Club, 5642 Highway 35, seven miles south of Superior Meats. Topics include: shotgun basics; North American Model of Wildlife Management and Upland Game Birds of North America; hunting dog basics; where and how to hunt upland game birds; handling, cleaning and cooking game birds; gear, clothing and ammunition; and a pheasant hunt at game farm. Pre-course requirement meet and greet at 6 p.m. May 1, VIP Pizza, 1201 Tower Ave., Superior. Email email@example.com with questions.
Audubon Center of the North Woods, 54165 Audubon Drive, Sandstone, offers these kids' camps. Go to audubon-center.org/audubon-center-of-the-north-woods for details.
• June 24-29: Rocks, Ropes and Rafts, for grades 6-8.
• July 8-13: Ways of Wildlife, for grades 4-6.
• July 22-27: Outdoor Explorations, for grades 5-7.