Duluth East tryouts: The Duluth East athlete meeting for all sports takes place at the Duluth East Auditorium from 6-7 p.m. Aug. 17. Individual fall sport tryout information is as follows:
• Boys and girls cross country: Practice starts at 8 a.m. Monday at Lester Park. Bring running shoes, sweats, shorts and water. Coaches: Dave Wicker (218) 310-5616; Shonda Peller (218) 310-5611.
• Football: Practice starts at 7:30 a.m. Monday. Bring shoes, workout clothes, mouthguard. Coach: Joe Hietala (218) 310-5616, email@example.com.
• Girls tennis: Tryouts from noon-3 p.m. Monday at Longview Tennis Courts. Bring tennis gear, water. Coach: Lee Kruger (218) 340-5108, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Girls swimming: First practice from 9 a.m.-noon Monday at Ordean East Middle School pool. Coach: Judy Seliga-Punyko (218) 525-4688, email@example.com.
• Boys soccer: Tryouts at Ordean Stadium on Monday and Tuesday, 4-6 p.m. for grades 7-9 and 6-8:30 p.m. for grades 10-12. Bring ball, water bottle, shin guards, running shoes. Arrive 30 minutes early. Coach: Nick Bremer firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Girls soccer: Tryouts at Ordean Stadium on Monday and Tuesday, from 7-9 a.m. and 1-2:30 p.m. for grades 7-9, and from 9-11 a.m. and 2:30-4 p.m. for grades 10-12. Bring ball, water bottle, shin guards, running shoes. Arrive 30 minutes early. Coach: Steve Polkowski (218) 464-7009.
• Volleyball: Tryouts at East High School on Monday and Tuesday, from 8-11 a.m. and 12:30-2:30 p.m. Bring knee pads, gym wear, water bottle. Arrive 30 minutes. Coach: Rachel Isaacs at email@example.com.