Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

UPDATE: Murder charges filed in Carlton County shooting

Man found dead in St. Louis County cabin; CO poisoning suspected

A 46-year-old man was found dead, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning, at a cabin in the Saginaw area on Saturday.

The St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office reported late Saturday that Stanley Skare of Saginaw was found dead after authorities responded to a report of an unresponsive male at about 4:15 p.m.

Skare’s dog also was found dead inside the cabin.

“The preliminary cause of death for Skare and his dog appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning,” the Sheriff’s Office reported. “The source of the carbon monoxide likely came from a generator running inside of the cabin.”

The Midwest Medical Examiner's Office will determine the exact cause of death.

The sheriff’s office noted that it “has responded to multiple carbon monoxide deaths involving generators in the past couple years. We urge citizens using generators as a power source to make sure they are placed a safe distance from living and sleeping quarters.”

Advertisement