Summer lineup at Bayfront includes Low, Hippo Campus and Polica
Hippo Campus, Polica and Low will play a show at Bayfront Festival Park — taking over the date that Trampled By Turtles has played for the past few years, according to DECC officials.
The all-ages concert starts at 4:30 p.m. on July 8 and Remo Drive and Jay Smart are also on the bill. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
Trampled By Turtles is not currently touring.
The summer lineup at Bayfront also includes a few new festivals — including one for the foodies — a contestant from "The Voice" and a pre-party for a country show at Amsoil Arena, according to Jeff Stark, director of venue operations at the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center. Here is the lineup:
• June 3: Walk for Animals
• June 16: Grandma's Whipper Snapper Races
• July 1: Taste of Duluth: Twin Ports Nightlife and Lundeen Productions team up for a showcase of local restaurants.
• July 3: Party in the Park with Hairball: the annual pre-Fourth of July concert featuring an arena rock-style tribute band.
• July 4: Fourth Fest: Kat Perkins from "The Voice" headlines the show, with Glen's Neighbor, Mark Rubin, and Dead End Friends also on the bill.
• July 8: Hippo Campus, Polica and Low: A festival-style day with a lineup by First Avenue.
• July 14: Soul Live: A Night to Remember: Details TBA.
• July 15: Bayfront Reggae & World Music Festival: Capleton, Nkulee Dube, International Reggae All Stars, Socaholix and DJ Sound of Fujun so far.
• July 16: Honor the Earth Presents: Nahko, Annie Humphrey, Gingger Shankar.
• July 28-29: All Pints North: a beer festival with about 120 craft breweries.
• Aug. 3: Hawkey Night in Duluth: a pre-show for the Chris Stapleton concert at the DECC, featuring Chris Hawkey.
• Aug. 4-5: City on the Hill Music Festival: The Christian music festival has added a second day. This year's headliners are Mercy Me and Newsboys.
• Aug. 11-13: Bayfront Blues Festival: The 29th annual festival has a few acts lined up so far, including Robert Randolph & The Family Band and Lucky Peterson & The Imperial Flames.
• Aug. 17: Grill Wars: It's back after a year hiatus.
• Aug. 19-20: Art in Bayfront Park: The event is under new ownership by Matt Mithun, also runs the Stone Arch Bridge Festival and owns Somerset Amphitheatre in Wisconsin.
• Aug. 22: Duluth Police 5th annual Kids, Cops and Cars
• Aug. 23-Aug. 26: The Tribute Fest: This year's extended event will also include an EDM concert before shifting into country and rock 'n' roll tributes.
• Sept. 2: Duluth Superior Pride Fest: Performers TBA
• Sept. 4: AFL/CIO Labor Day Picnic
• Sept. 7: Spurs on 1st Party: TBA
• Sept. 9: Lake Superior Harvest Festival
• Sept. 15-17: Duluth Balloon Festival