Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

3 found dead from apparent CO poisoning in Sawyer County

Three people were found dead Thursday of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at a home on the Lac Courte Oreilles Reservation near Hayward.

First responders were called to the home on County Highway K at 10:55 a.m. Thursday, the Sawyer County Record reported.

The Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal Police Department did not provide further information when contacted by the News Tribune on Friday.

A friend of the three people who died, who did not want to be named, told the Sawyer County Record that a person living in the home felt ill and went to a local hospital, where they were diagnosed with CO poisoning. When others went to check the home, the three people were found dead. The friend said he had heard a generator may have been running in the home.

In a news release the Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal Governing Board expressed sympathy to the families of the three individuals.

“As of this time, there is still an ongoing investigation,” the statement read. “More information will be released as soon as it is available.”

Advertisement
randomness