Events planned for July Fourth weekend
Party in the Park with Hairball, 6 p.m. Thursday, Bayfront Festival Park. Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at door. Tickets available at Electric Fetus or online. Call (218) 590-1634 or go to bayfrontfestivalpark.com.
Air National Guard Band performs at 7 p.m. Thursday at Barker’s Island. Go to superiorchamber.org.
Howie’s Mug Bog Fourth of July weekend, Thursday through Saturday, 11353 Highway 18, Finlayson. Features truck tug of war, UTV tug of war, mud pit, sand volleyball, mud truck jump competition and live music. Call (320) 630-6797, (931) 246-9437 or go to howiesmudbog.com.
Cloquet July Fourth Fest features these events Friday. Go to visitcloquet.com.
* Sawdust 5K race, 8 a.m., Pinehurst Park
* Veterans Celebration parade, 11 a.m., downtown on Cloquet Avenue
* Family fun at Veterans Park including craft show, bingo, food vendors, dash for cash, skateboard demonstrations, face painting, wagon rides, magic show, live music and an outdoor movie, noon to 5 p.m.
* Accordion concert, 4 p.m., Carlton County Historical Society Museum
* Pool party at the beach, 2-4 p.m., Pinehurst Park
* Carnival rides and games, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Voyageurs Park
* Fireworks at 10:10 p.m. over the St. Louis River
Two Harbors Fourth of July offers these events Friday. Go to twoharborschamber.com.
* Firemen’s kids races, 10 a.m. at the field by the clinic
* City Band concert, 7:30 p.m. at Thomas Owens Park
* Fireworks at Agate Bay at 10 p.m.
Superior Fourth of July Celebration features these events Friday. Go to superiorchamber.org.
* Parade, 11 a.m., 28th Street and Catlin Avenue, west on 28th Street to Hammond Avenue, south on Hammond to the Superior Middle School.
* Superior Singers, 1 p.m. in Heritage Park. Free. Go to superiorsingers.com.
* Children’s Art hosted by Lindsey Graskey, 1-4 p.m. at north 13th Street east of Tower Avenue.
* Car show, 2-6 p.m. on Tower Avenue. Music by the Bugs Band.
* Fireworks, 10:15 a.m. at the fairgrounds
City of Duluth Fourth Fest, 4-11 p.m., Friday, Bayfront Festival Park. Features music by Permanent Party Rock Band, Air National Guard Band of the Midwest, Brody Olson and Danny Buck, Big Wave Dave and The Ripples with fireworks at 10:10 p.m. Free. Go to bayfrontfestivalpark.com or visitduluth.com.
Grand Marais Fourth of July Celebration offers these events Friday. Go to visitcookcounty.com.
* Ice cream social, 6-8 p.m., First Congregational Church, corner of Third Avenue West and Second Street. Donation.
* Parade, 8 p.m. on Wisconsin Street
* Live music, 8-10 p.m., Harbor Park
* Fireworks at dusk over Grand Marais harbor
Great American Picnic, Friday and Saturday, Fitger’s Complex Courtyard, 600 E. Superior St. Folk musical festival with tiki bar, food stands and lemonade stand. Call (218) 727-4880 or go to midirestaurant.net.
Cornucopia Club’s annual fish fry, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Town of Bell Town Hall, County Highway C, Cornucopia. Tickets: $10 for adults, $5 for ages 11 and younger. The money from this meal pays for the fireworks, which will be held at 10 p.m. Saturday. Call (715) 742-3924.