and you will be entered to win
a $20 gift certificate to the place
you chose. Vote here >>
A gain of salt
- Duluth police report missing 12-year-old has been found safe 43 minutes ago
- Winning numbers drawn for $600 million Powerball jackpot 1 hour ago
- Flash flood watch in effect for parts of the Northland 4 hours ago
- Loud union dispute joins Minnesota legislative budget debate 4 hours ago
- Northland crews assist in renewed search for Washburn County girl missing since 1996 5 hours ago
- Dozens injured after car drives into parade in state of Virginia 5 hours ago
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness 6 hours ago
- Despite controversies, Obama agenda marches on in Washington 9 hours ago
- Wisconsin police officers shoot, kill man wielding sword 10 hours ago
- Majority of number combos picked for $600 million Powerball jackpot 10 hours ago
- Whistling Bird to reopen with new owner
- Wisconsin Marine, dog he handled in Afghanistan reunited in surprise ceremony
- Officials eye Duluth's U.S. Steel site for intermodal shipping center
- Racial equity, inclusion still is lacking at UMD, group says
- Wisconsin DNR provides more details on origin of major wildfire
Nursing homes get financial bump as lawmakers OK health care bill
By Danielle Killey Nursing homes and other care facilities will get more state money than they have seen in years. Sen. Tony Lourey, DFL-Kerrick, said the budget plan lawmakers approved last week inc...
5/18/13 at 6:40 PM
1998 QE2 asteroid flyby an opportunity for pros and amateurs alike
An asteroid it would take an hour to walk across will speed past Earth on May 31 and provide radio astronomers a perfect opportunity to nab closeup views of its surface. 1998 QE2, discovered in 1998...
5/18/13 at 10:56 AM
Radioactive waste on the N.D. monitor
WILLISTON, N.D. Landfill employees here discovered at least two hot loads this week, illustrating why a group of North Dakota citizens is worried about the proper disposal of radioactive waste that ...
5/18/13 at 12:03 AM
Do the Minnesota Vikings hate birds?
Probably not. But Minnesota Public Radio reports that some bird watchers are concerned about all that glass in the plans for their new football station. Birds, as anyone who has windows knows, don't a...
5/17/13 at 5:16 PM
The Eagles Auxiliary will be hosting an all-you-can-eat soup, sandwich & salad buffet lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 1710 N. 12th St. in Superior. The event is open to the public. Here'...
5/16/13 at 4:15 PM
Zesty Tomato Quinoa
There is no doubt that quinoa is on trend right now in the food world. The united nations has even deemed 2013 as the "year or quinoa". Not just because it's popular though, but because it is consider...
5/18/13 at 9:19 AM
Chuck, Ive found a real good place for brook trout, said my father when he picked me up at the bus station in Hayward. The spring semester was over and I was home for a few days before heading back to...
5/18/13 at 8:15 AM
If He Can Forgive Her…
On Monday, I posted an entry about playing the roll of the woman at the well in a sketch at an evening worship service on Sunday night. I had a lot of positive feedback from readers, and I fully belie...
5/18/13 at 6:18 AM
The grand girls dog died on Wednesday May 15th. Dakota was a Sheltie and they got her when they lived in Illinois. She must have been about twelve years old. She didnt do old age well, she suffere...
5/18/13 at 5:05 AM
Orb, Ruffian and the Triple Crown
I didnt bet on Orb, this years Kentucky Derby winner, but I should have. I should have noticed Orb was wearing the colors of one if not the greatest fillies of all time: Ruffian. Then, there would h...
5/17/13 at 10:46 PM
State Wires: MN | WI
When it comes to current gas prices:
|I'll try to drive less, but it's tough to do.||34
|If we stop buying it, the price will go down.||6
|I don't buy any of the reasons given for the increase; it's all about greed.||181
|Total Votes: 221|