THINGS TO DO THIS WEEK
Enjoy the 14th annual Twin Ports Lighthouse Days, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today through Sunday, Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Center, Canal Park. Features activities for children, history programs and hourly films on lighthouses. Free admission. Go to lsmma.com.
Grab your blanket and enjoy a screening of "The Princess Bride," at dusk today, Leif Erikson Park. Free admission.
Check out the annual Big Lake Art Fair, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Big Lake Golf Course, 780 Cary Road, Cloquet.
Listen to The Superior Singers present their 2016 summer concert "Disney Spectacular," noon Saturday, Memorial Park, corner of Grand Avenue and North Central Avenue. Part of Spirit Valley Days. Go to spiritvalleydays.com for more details.
Watch the log rolling competition during Tall Timber Days, noon Saturday and Sunday, downtown Grand Rapids. Just one of many events during this festival. Go to TallTimberDays.com for complete details.
Attend Donuts at Dorothy's, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Dorothy Molter Museum, 2002 E. Sheridan St., Ely. Features guided tours, kid's coloring, live music and donuts. Free admission. Call (218) 365-4451.
Don't miss the second annual St. Luke's Family Bubble Bash, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Bayfront Park Plaza. Enjoy races, dancing, songs, games and lots of bubbles. Tickets: $8 in advance, $10 day of event. Go to sweeteventduluth.com.
Music in Lincoln Park, 1-3 p.m. Sunday, Lincoln Park Pavilion, 501 N. 25th Ave. W. Features traditional drumming, Majur Atraktion!, and Fox & Raven, free Indian tacos, bounce house, face-painting and other activities. It's free.
Enter your children, ages 14 and younger, for the Wednesday night at the races, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Lincoln Park Middle School, 3215 W. Third St. Register between 5-5:50 p.m. Free. Go to GrandmasMarathon.com.
Enjoy music by The Windjammers, 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday, Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St. It's free.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, offers a 39-room mansion and seven acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Ground hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit glensheen.wp.d.umn.edu or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily through Labor Day. Visit duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily with extended hours on Wednesdays (10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.) through Aug. 31. Visit lszoo.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., offers daily and special excursions. Reservations are recommended. Go to northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.
• Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad, 7100 Grand Ave., offers vintage train rides 10:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through mid-October. Call (218) 624-7549 or go to lsmrr.org for details.
• Play gym, 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 2-5 p.m. Wednesdays as well as 9:30-11:30 a.m. Fridays, Duluth Heights Community Center, 33 W. Mulberry St. An opportunity for parents and young children to gather and interact. Free. Call (218) 730-4322.
• Champions building champions, for ages 7-17, 3-5 p.m. Thursdays through Aug. 18, Duluth Heritage Sports Center, 120 S. 30th Ave. W. Free. Call James at (218) 727-1939.
• Open skating, 1:30-3:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Heritage Sports Center, 120 S. 30th Ave. W. Bring your own skates. Free.