Minnesota toddler poisoned by laundry detergent is improvingA 1-year-old Minnesota boy who was poisoned when he bit into a Tide detergent pod is improving at a North Dakota hospital.
By: Associated Press report, Associated Press
FARGO, N.D. — A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who was poisoned when he bit into a Tide detergent pod is improving at a North Dakota hospital.
Alexander Rohde from Hitterdal, Minn., was flown to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo last weekend.
KVLY-TV reported that he's now breathing on his own.
An aunt posted to an online site that Alex was taken off his breathing tube on Friday morning and was “being a little feisty,” but that's OK.
Family members have said he thought the pod was a treat. He started throwing up and soon could not breathe.
Alex's mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, earlier told KVLY that Tide should change the look of its pod. The company said in a statement it's working to educate people on keeping them out of the reach of children.