The five 'Ts' of mosquito control
By: Budgeteer News staff, Duluth Budgeteer News
1. TIP. Reduce standing water to eliminate mosquito threats, including those in children’s sandboxes, wagons or plastic toys; underneath and around downspouts, in plant saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots include tarps, gutters, and flat roofs.
2. TOSS. Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yards.
3. TURN. Turn over larger yard items that could hold water such as children’s portable sandboxes or plastic toys.
4. REMOVE TARPS. If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats or sports equipment and grills aren’t taut, they’re holding water.
5. TREAT. Utilize a mosquito elimination barrier treatment around the home and yard. Using a barrier treatment at home reduces the need for using DEET-containing bug spray on the body. Mosquito Squad’s treatments eliminate up to 90% of the mosquitoes and ticks on a property.