Annual Bike Swap next weekendThe seventh annual Bike Swap, sponsored by Continental Ski & Bike will be held next weekend, April 20-21. Proceeds from the event go to support the United Way of Greater Duluth.
By: Budgeteer News staff, Duluth Budgeteer News
The seventh annual Bike Swap, sponsored by Continental Ski & Bike will be held next weekend, April 20-21. Proceeds from the event go to support the United Way of Greater Duluth.
“The swap is a great way for families to stretch a buck and we’re excited to be a sponsor,” Bill Howard, Continental Ski & Bike owner, said in a statement. “It’s also a great way to promote healthy living and help the community through United Way.”
The Bike Swap will take place at the store from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. There is expected to be a large selection of children’s, mountain, cross-country and road bikes, and maybe even bicycles built for two.
Anyone who wants to donate a bike can drop if off this week at Continental Ski & Bike, located at 1305 E. First St. in Duluth. All proceeds from those sales will go to the United Way.
You can also sell a bike by dropping it off between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. Friday or 8 to 9:45 a.m. Saturday morning. Sellers will receive 75 percent of the proceeds, with the remaining 25 percent going to the United Way.