More snow? Here's the bright sideNews Tribune readers helped us formulate this list of the good that comes from the cold, the snow and the gray skies.
By: News Tribune staff, Duluth News Tribune
You could succumb to Seasonal Affective Disorder, matching your mood to the glowering Northland sky. You could practice voodoo on dolls resembling co-workers on their way to Mexico, Las Vegas and Texas.
Or you could look on the bright side of this protracted winter. News Tribune readers helped us formulate this list of the good that comes from the cold, the snow and the gray skies.
1. It chips away at the drought.
2. It adds to the level of Lake Superior.
3. It’s business for independent snow plowers.
4. You get one more snowmobile ride.
5. You can delay picking up the dog doo in your yard.
6. The danger of spring wildfires is eased.
7. It cuts down on the bugs.
8. Snow makes it easier to track criminals.
9. If you ARE on vacation in a warm spot, you feel much better about being there.
10. You might get a snow day from school, or early dismissal.
11. You can still have snowball fights.
12. The wet, heavy snow is great for snowmen and forts.
13. Winter clearance clothing is still in season.
14. Lake Superior wave-watching is great.
15. It’s a good excuse for a romantic night in.
16. With the day off, you can have coffee with your neighbors.
17. Nature gives you a good workout from shoveling.
18. Army worm larvae might freeze.
19. Maybe this means we’ll have beach weather in October.
20. The new snow covers up the old, dirty snow.
21. You get to experience thundersnow.
22. The germs are all frozen.
23. Baking bread warms the house and the soul.