Outdoors blog: Leftover Wisconsin turkey permits on sale Monday
By: Sam Cook, Duluth News Tribune
Leftover Wisconsin turkey permits on sale Monday
- Zone 1 – Monday, March 22
- Zone 2 – Tuesday, March 23
- Zone 3 – Wednesday, March 24
- Zone 4 – Thursday, March 25
- Zone 5 & Zone 6 – Friday, March 26 - Due to the low number of permits left in these units, the sale has been combined into one day.
The fee for turkey permits is $10 for residents, and $15 for nonresidents. All hunters will also be required to pay the spring turkey license and stamp fee, unless they have previously purchased the license and stamp, or are a 2010 Conservation Patron License holder. Residents and nonresidents will have equal opportunity to purchase over-the-counter permits. Purchasing these permits will not affect preference status for future spring or fall turkey permit drawings. A select number of disabled turkey permits for several state parks are also available for leftover sales. Disabled hunters should note that these permits will only be available through DNR service centers.