Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Sunday's weather for Duluth and the Northland: Chance of late storms

Bryce Henry is a meteorologist for the Northland's NewsCenter.

High pressure will move from north to south today, but it won’t cover us completely. An easterly flow will funnel in and keep temperatures below average. Expect partly sunny skies and a 30 percent chance for late evening storms. On Monday, a small trough and low-pressure system, called a “shortwave,” will approach from the west. This will give us a 60 percent chance for storms all day. The slow-moving shortwave will stay over the region on Tuesday, creating a ­­40 percent chance of showers and storms. The low will move southeast on Wednesday, leaving partly sunny skies and rising temperatures. Thursday should be warmer still with partly sunny skies.

Five-day forecast

Today: Partly sunny, chance of late storms. High: 66. Low: 57.

Monday: Sixty percent chance of storms. High: 68. Low: 56.

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, 40 percent chance of storms. High: 73. Low: 57.

Wednesday: Partly sunny, warmer. High: 74. Low: 53.

Thursday: Partly sunny. High: 79. Low: 54.

Advertisement
randomness