Snowfall reports from around the Northland
Light snow continued to fall on Wednesday morning in parts of the Northland, while other locations saw mostly rain.
The snow started Tuesday in Northwestern Wisconsin, where several communities reported several inches of accumulation.
Here's a roundup of snow totals reported to the National Weather Service in Duluth on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. These are not necessarily final totals:
- 6 inches - Drummond
- 5 inches - Namekagon
- 4 inches - Hayward, Washburn
- 3.8 inches - Ashland
- 3.5 inches - Mellen
- 3 inches - Upson, Spooner, Butternut
- 2.8 inches - Odanah
- 2.5 inches - Madeline Island
- 1.8 inches - Ino
- 1.1 inches - Wrenshall, Island Lake
- 1 inch - Springbrook, Park Falls, Grand Marais (11 miles NE)
- 0.9 inches - Fredenberg
- 0.8 inches - Babbitt, Saxon
- 0.6 inches - Duluth airport
- 0.5 inches - Grantsburg
The 0.6 inches at the Duluth airport through 8 a.m. Wednesday brings the season total to 130.8 inches - still third-most on record for the city. The second-greatest seasonal snowfall is 131.8 inches, set in the winter of 1949-50.