College baseball: Online registration is open for grade-specific Minnesota Duluth fall camps at base ball.umdbulldogsportcamps.com. Camps include the prospects camp for 2015-17 high school graduates Aug. 11; junior fall instructional camp for grades 7-8 Aug. 16 and 23, and Sept. 6 and 13; fall senior camp for grades 9-12 Aug. 17, 24, Sept. 7 and 14; and youth fall instructional camp for grades 5-6 Aug. 24, Sept. 7, 14 and 21.
Golf: The Nemadji Junior Clinic will feature PGA Golf Professional Kathy Swanson on Wednesday. The clinic runs from 10:30-11:30 a.m. for golfers up to age 9 and from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for golfers ages 10-15. The clinic is free and includes games and prizes.
- The Eveleth Golf Course is holding a Luck of the Draw Scramble at 9 a.m. Saturday. Arrive at the course around 8:15 a.m. to play.
Minnesota prep tryouts: Duluth East High School athlete meeting is 6-7 p.m. Thursday in the auditorium. Topics: MSHSL/ISD policy/ coaches/information. Team breakout meetings will be held on the same day as follows: cross country, 5-5:50 p.m., gym (south side); girls tennis, 7:15-8:30 p.m., media center; boys soccer, 7:15-8:30 p.m., gym (south side); football, 7:15-8:30 p.m., auditorium; girls soccer, 7:15-8:30 p.m., mezzanine; girls swim, 7:15-8:30 p.m., health room (1060); volleyball, 7:15-8:30 p.m., choir room (1086).
- Cross county, 8 a.m. Monday at Lester Park. Preseason meeting, 9 a.m. Tuesday at Lester Park. Coaches: Dave Wicker (218) 525-5988 and Shonda Peller (218) 310-5611.
- Football, 3-8 p.m. Monday at Duluth East Stadium. Coach Joe Hietala (218) 724-2195.
- Girls tennis, noon to 2 p.m. Monday at Duluth Central High School courts. Coach Lee Kruger (218) 340-5108.
- Girls swimming, Monday at Ordean East Middle School pool. Coach Judy Seliga Punyko (218) 525-4688 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boys soccer, Monday and Tuesday at Duluth East High School. Show up 30 minutes prior to try out for warm-up. Grades 7-9 tryout is 8-10 a.m. Monday and Tuesday; grades 10-12 is 10:30 a.m. Monday and Tuesday. Coach Nic Bacigulupo (218) 348-1210.
- Girls soccer, Monday and Tuesday at Ordean East Middle School. Arrive 30 minutes prior to try out for warm-up. Monday’s schedule: 8-9:30 a.m. and 3-4:30 p.m., grades 7-8; 9:30-11 a.m. and 4:30-6 p.m., grades 9-10; 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 6-7:30 p.m., grades 11-12. Tuesday’s schedule: 7-8 a.m., grades 9-12; 8-9:30 a.m. grades 7-8; 9:30-11 a.m. and 3-4:30 p.m., grades 9-10; 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 4:30-6 p.m., grades 11-12. Coach Steve Polkowski (218) 464-7009.
- Volleyball, 8-11 a.m. and 12:30-2:30 p.m. Monday-Wednesday at the Duluth East gym. Coach Danna Anderson at danders2317 @yahoo.com.
Wisconsin prep tryouts: Superior High School practice times and dates are as follows:
- Freshman football, 3-6 p.m. Monday at high school. Coach Mike Weinandt at michael.weinandt @superior.k12.wi.us.
- Girls golf, 9-11 a.m. Monday at Nemadji Golf Course. Coach Kayla Chilstrom at email@example.com.
- Girls tennis, 3:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesday at tennis courts. Coach Mark Winkle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Girls swimming and diving, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday at high school. Coach George Lehman at email@example.com.
- Boys and girls cross country, 9 a.m. Aug. 18 at University of Wisconsin-Superior track. Coach Lee Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boys soccer, 8 a.m. at United Presbyterian Church, 229 N. 28th St., Superior. Coach Jim Willmore at email@example.com.
- Volleyball, Aug. 18 at high school; 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. grades 10-12; and 1-3 p.m., grade 9. Coach Brenda Pluntz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hole in one
Who: Taek Kwon, Duluth
Where: Lester Park Golf Course
Hole: 127-yard No. 15
Who: Zach Cary
Where: Grandview Golf Links
When: Aug. 4
Hole: No. 1
Club: Pitching wedge