Readings and writers for April 6, 2014
Poetry reading by Dr. Norbert Hirschhorn from his latest collection, “To Sing Away the Darkest Days — Poems Re-imagined from Yiddish Folksongs,” 2 p.m. today, Temple Israel communal hall, 1602 E. Second St. Free. Go to bertzpoet.com.
Preschool story time, 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at the Mount Royal Public Library and 11:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Duluth Public Library with a bedtime story time at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the West Duluth Public Library. Toddler time offered at 10:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Duluth Public Library. Go to duluthlibrary.org or call (218) 730-4200/option 4.
Let’s Talk About It: Muslim Journeys discusses “Rumi: Poet & Mystic” by Reynold A. Nicholson, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Kathryn A. Martin Library, UMD. Free. One Book, One Community offers these events. Go to duluthlibrary.org or call (218) 730-4236.
* Personal and Political History in the Balkans, 6:30 p.m. Monday, Duluth Public Library Green Room, 520 W. Superior St.
* Kids craft: Terrific tambourines, 10:30 a.m. and noon Tuesday, Duluth Public Library Green Room, 520 W. Superior St.
* “Welcome to Sarajevo,” screens at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Cloquet Public Library, 320 14th St.
* Concert: The Redemptive Power of Music, 1 p.m. April 13, Presbyterian Church of Cloquet, 47 Fourth St. Call (218) 879-1531.
* Concert: The Redemptive Power of Music, 4 p.m. April 13, First United Methodist Church, 230 E. Skyline Parkway. Call (218) 730-4236.
Barnes & Noble in the Miller Hill Mall offers these events. Call (218) 786-0710 or go to bn.com.
* Duluth Head Start book fair, 10 a.m. today
* Mystery Book Club meets at 5:30 p.m. today to discuss “Red Means Run”
* Story time, 11 a.m. Tuesday
* Nook evening class, 6 p.m. Thursday
* Spring educator appreciation week, 9 a.m. Saturday
* Author Matthew J. Krengel signs copies of his book, The Map Maker,” 1 p.m. April 13