Readings and writers for April 27, 2014
“A Place to Call Home,” song, story and poetry on homelessness and the quest to find a home, 4 p.m. today, Sacred Heart Music Center, 201 W. Fourth St. Free. Go to echoesofpeace choir.blog.spot.com.
Preschool story time, 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Mount Royal Public Library and 11:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Duluth Public Library, with a bedtime story time at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the West Duluth Public Library. Toddler time offered at 10:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Duluth Public Library. Go to duluthlibrary.org or call (218) 730-4200/option 4.
The Bookstore at Fitger’s, 600 E. Superior St., offers these events. Call (218) 727-9077 or email email@example.com.
* Author Meredith Cornett reading from her book “Heart of Palms: My Peace Corps Years in Tranquilla,” at 7 p.m. Wednesday. There will be a book signing at 6:30 p.m.
* Authors James Norton and Becca Dilley reading from their book, "Lake Superior Flavors: A Field Guide to Food and Drink," 2 p.m. Saturday. There will be a book signing at 1:30 p.m.
Barnes & Noble in the Miller Hill Mall offers these events. Call (218) 786-0710 or go to bn.com.
* Author Michael Fedo reads from his book “Zenith City Stories from Duluth,” 2 p.m. today
* Story time, 11 a.m. Tuesday. Topic: The zoo.
* Nook daytime class, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
* Fiction/Nonfiction book club meets at 1 p.m. Thursday to discuss “The Beautiful Mystery” (Armand Gamache Series No. 8).
* Carlton South Terrace book fair, 9 a.m. Saturday.
* Author J.T. Riggen signs copies of “Uptown,” 1 p.m. Saturday.
* Mystery Book Club meets at 5:30 p.m. May 4 to discuss “Death Comes to Pemberley.”