Pets of the Week for June 10
GWEN is a 3½-year-old longhair cat with a beautiful black tortoiseshell coat. She’s calm, gentle and obedient. She loves to show affection with cuddling and gentle kisses. Gwen gets along with other cats and dogs.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies, at 4006 Airport Road, uses the “Meet your Match” adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal’s behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter’s preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. Call (218) 722-2110 or visit animalallies.net for more information.
MAY was found last summer by a kind soul who brought her to the shelter. She was put in a box along with her babies and abandoned in a blueberry patch. May’s babies have been adopted, but she needs to have her own forever home.
If you’re interested in adopting May, please visit or call Precious Paws Humane Society in Chisholm. An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Call (218) 254-3300, email email@example.com or go to pphsc.com for more information.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
* Chequamegon Humane Association, Ashland, (715) 682-9744, CHAadopt.org
* Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, (218) 638-2153, contentedcritters.org
* Critter Harbor, Superior, (218) 310-7174, facebook.com/fcritterharbor
* Friends of Animals of Carlton County, (218) 879-1655, foaonline.org
* Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior/South Range, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
* Lake County Humane Society and Animal Shelter, Two Harbors, (218) 834-5806
* Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
* Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
* Oreo’s Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, email@example.com or pphsc.com
* Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900
* Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota, (952) 946-8070, firstname.lastname@example.org, ragom.org
* Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org
Pets of the Week is sponsored by Dan’s Feed Bin in Superior.