Pets of the Week for July 15, 2014
BANDIT is a 14-year-old male Labrador mix available for adoption through Animal Allies of Duluth. He has spent his years on the trails running from Smokey. He finally feels like he has lost him and that it’s safe enough to settle down in a good home.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies uses the “Meet your Match” adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal’s behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter’s preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. If you would like to meet Bandit, you can visit him at Animal Allies, 4006 Airport Road. For more information, call (218) 722-2110 or visit animalallies.net.
TAZ is a 5-year-old male boxer/Labrador mix available for adoption through Friends of Animals of Carlton County. He is a very sweet dog that would like to join an active family. He loves to have fun by exploring, running and playing. Come meet him and see if you could be his perfect match.
An adoption fee is required for Taz’s adoption. Call (218) 879-1655 or go to foaonline.org for more information.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
* Chequamegon Humane Association, Ashland, (715) 682-9744, CHAadopt.org
* Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, (218) 638-2153, contentedcritters.org
* Critter Harbor, Superior, (218) 310-7174, facebook.com/fcritterharbor
* Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior/South Range, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
* Lake County Humane Society and Animal Shelter, Two Harbors, (218) 834-5806
* Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
* Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
* Oreo’s Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, email@example.com
* Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or pphsc.com
* Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900
* Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota, (952) 946-8070, email@example.com, ragom.org
* Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org
Pets of the Week is sponsored by Dan’s Feed Bin in Superior.