Pets of the Week for April 29, 2014
FRISKY is a 10-year-old female rat terrier/Chihuahua mix available for adoption through Animal Allies in Duluth. She came to the shelter from a previous home and is looking for love and companionship in her forever home. Don’t let her age fool you. She’s friendly and still has plenty of pep in her step.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies uses the “Meet your Match” adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal’s behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter’s preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. Call (218) 722-2110 or visit animalallies.net for more information.
WINDSOR is a 4-year-old male mastiff/Labrador retriever mix available for adoption through Contented Critters Shelter in Makinen. His former owners had a baby and were worried about a big dog being around the baby. Windsor is a very happy, affectionate, playful dog who likes all people. He has not been with other dogs or cats in the shelter, as of yet.
Call (218) 638-2153 or visit contentedcritters.org for more information.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
* Animal Allies, Superior, (715) 394-7387, animalallies.net
* Chequamegon Humane Association, Ashland, (715) 682-9744, CHAadopt.org
* Critter Harbor, Superior, (218) 310-7174, facebook.com/fcritterharbor
* Friends of Animals of Carlton County, (218) 879-1655, foaonline.org
* Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
* Lake County Humane Society and Animal Shelter, Two Harbors, (218) 834-5806
* Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
* Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
* Oreo’s Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, email@example.com
* Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or pphsc.com
* Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900
* Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota, (952) 946-8070, email@example.com, ragom.org
* Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org
Pets of the Week is sponsored by Dan’s Feed Bin in Superior.