Pet of the week for July 8, 2014
FLAN is a male 4-year-old domestic shorthair flame point Siamese cat who is available for adoption through Animal Allies in Duluth. Flan will be 5-years old soon and is looking for a home. He loves to snuggle and is looking for a good lap to cuddle up on. Flan is all about giving love.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies uses the “Meet your Match” adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal’s behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter’s preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. Call (218) 722-2110 or visit animalallies.net for more information.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
* Chequamegon Humane Association, Ashland, (715) 682-9744, CHAadopt.org r Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, (218) 638-2153, contentedcritters.org
* Critter Harbor, Superior, (218) 310-7174, facebook.com/fcritterharbor r Friends of Animals of Carlton County, (218) 879-1655, foaonline.org
* Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior/South Range, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
* Lake County Humane Society and Animal Shelter, Two Harbors, (218) 834-5806
* Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
* Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
* Oreo’s Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, email@example.com
* Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or pphsc.com
* Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900 r Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota, (952) 946-8070, email@example.com, ragom.org
* Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org Pets of the Week is sponsored by Dan’s Feed Bin in Superior.