Twin Ports Cyclery offers a social ride at 9 a.m. today and a no drop ride at 6 p.m. Monday, Twin Ports Cyclery, 2914 W. Third St. Free. Call (218) 624-4008.
Monday evening mountain bike rides, 6 p.m. Mondays. Call Ski Hut at (218) 724-8525 each week for location. Free.
Old Vermilion Trail sporting clays summer league and open shooting, 6980 Old Vermilion Trail. Hours: 4 p.m. to dark Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays for this week, then noon to dark. Call (218) 721-3804.
Positive Energy Outdoors Twin Ports Kayak Club, 6 p.m. Tuesdays through the summer on various area lakes. Registration: Free with your own boat or call by noon the day of the paddle to rent a boat for $15. Contact Blake at (218) 428-5990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions.
Hartley Nature Center offers these events at 3001 Woodland Ave. Call (218) 724-6735 or go to hartleynature.org.
* Volunteer Garden Nights, 6-8 p.m. Tuesday as well as June 17, July 1, July 15, July 29, Aug. 12, and Aug. 26.
* Evenings in the Butterfly Garden, 6-8 p.m. Wednesday as well as June 18, July 2, July 16, July 30, Aug. 13, and Aug. 27. Free.
* Celebration of our Wildwoods, an event to raise funds for Wildwoods Wildlife Rehabilitation, a local 501(c)3 that rescues, rehabilitates and releases wildlife in the Northland. The celebration will feature local foods, craft beers, a silent auction and live music. Tickets: $20 in advance, $30 at the door.
* Wildflower walks: 6-8 p.m. June 11 and July 16. Cost: $6, $4 for members, free for children.
Proctor Gun Club trap league and open shooting, 3:30 p.m. until dark Wednesdays, U.S. Highway 2, one mile north of Proctor. Call (218) 724-7895.
Superior Trap & Gun Club summer league shooting, 4 p.m. to dark Wednesdays through Aug. 27, 5642 Wisconsin Highway 35, Superior. A six-week doubles league will start July 2.
Duluth Cross Country Ski Club ski trail master plan input session, 6 p.m. Thursday, Duluth Heights Recreation Center, 33 W. Mulberry St. If you can’t attend, you may email comments to Gary at email@example.com.
Crex Meadows Wildlife Area offers these events. Go to crexmeadows.org or call (715) 463-2739.
* Explore bowhunting workshop, ages 11-17, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Registration required by Friday. Free.
* Botany talks and walks, 1-4 p.m. June 8. Topic: Wildflower ID
* Mug and mammal morning hikes, 8:30-10 a.m. June 14, July 12 and Aug. 9. Free.
* Wildlife ethics, for high school students, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 19 and June 26. Cost: $5 per day or $8 for both sessions.
* Wild edibles, 6-8 p.m. June 25. Cost: $5. Registration required.
* WILD women workshop, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 19. Cost: $10. Registration required.
* Botany talks and walks, 1-4 p.m. July 20. Topic: Ferns and club moss
* Paddle Phantom, 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 2. Rent a kayak for $20 or bring your own. Registration required.
* Outdoor skills camp, for ages 10-15, 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 4-7. Free. Registration required.
* Botany talks and walks, 1-4 p.m. Aug. 17. Topic: Grass ID
* Crex for Kids Camp, for ages 8-12, 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 25-28. Free. Registration required.
Superior Hiking Trail Association National Trails Day hikes, 10 a.m. Saturday. Meet at Cook County Road 1 trailhead parking lot. At Highway 61 milepost 78.8, turn left on Cook County Road 1 (Cramer Road) and go 3.6 miles to parking lot on right. Call (218) 834-2700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Hike 1: 8-mile hike from Temperance River State Park to Cook County Road 1.
* Hike 2: 2.2 mile hike from Cook County Road 1 to Dyers Creek Campsite and back.
Pattison State Park open house and social, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, picnic area and main shelter. Theme: Building Partnerships. No vehicle admission sticker needed Saturday or June 8. Call (715) 399-3111.
Family Fun Day, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Brule River State Forest and Brule River Fish Hatchery, 13847 E. Hatchery Road. Go to bruleriversportsmensclub.com.
Brule-St. Croix Chapter of the North Country Trail Association offers these guided hikes in the Solon Springs area. Hikes depart at 9 a.m. from KD’s Restaurant in Solon Springs unless otherwise noted. Go to northcountrytrail.org/bsc or meetup.com/SSCBHikers, email email@example.com or call (715) 292-3484.
* 1 p.m. Saturday: Guided hike on the North Country Trail to a scenic overlook of the Brule Valley. Meet at Brule Fish Hatchery, 13847 E. Hatchery Road near Brule.
* June 8: National Trails Day Hike – 10 a.m. at Highland Town Hall trailhead, 9360 South County Road S near Lake Nebagamon
* June 22: Brule-St. Croix Historic Portage – 1 p.m.
* July 5: Bird Sanctuary
* July 26: Hikers’ choice
* Aug. 9: Solon Springs North to Reinsberg Road
* Aug. 23: Solon Springs South to Leo Creek
* Aug. 30: Labor Day weekend hike – Brule-St. Croix Boardwalk
* Sept. 6: Brule-St. Croix Historic Portage
* Sept. 20: Bird Sanctuary
* Sept. 27: North Country Trail Day celebration
* Oct. 11: West Mail Road to Two Bridges Road
Boulder Lake Environmental Learning Center, 7328 Boulder Dam Road, offers these events. Call (218) 721-3731, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to boulderlake.org.
* St. Louis River Watershed Educator Workshop – session I, June 10-11
* What’s New in Green Building Standards? Webinar, June 17
* St. Louis River Watershed Educator Workshop – session II, June 18-19
* Talking with Landowners about Intergenerational Land Transfer webinar, July 15
* Minnesota Master Naturalist volunteer training, July 28-Aug. 1
* Minnesota Master Naturalist volunteer training, Aug. 18-22
* Sasquatch Scramble Obstacle 5K Run, Sept. 6
Positive Energy Outdoors Wednesday evenings women’s paddle, 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays, June 11-Aug. 27, Fredenberg Lake. No experience necessary. Boats, equipment and basic instruction provided. Cost: $30. Call Steph at (218) 391-0147 to register by 5 p.m. the day of the paddle and for directions.
Third annual North Shore Landowners Workshop, 12:30-4 p.m. June 13, Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center in Finland. Free but registration required. Call (218) 525-0001 or go to sugarloafnorthshore.org.
Free day at the Split Rock Lighthouse, June 14, near Two Harbors. Events include a new film sharing the history of Split Rock. Children’s day at Split Rock will be held June 21. Go to sites.mnhs.org/historic-sites/split-rock-lighthouse
Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Festival kids race, 3 p.m. June 14, Crosby Memorial Park. Costumed bike parade at 10 a.m. Go to cuyunalakesmtbfest.com or call (218) 546-8131.
Voyageurs National Park’s boat tours begin June 15 and depart from Rainy Lake and Kabetogama Lake Visitor Centers. You can reserve your dates now. Call (877) 444-6777 or go to recreation.gov.
75th anniversary of Enger Tower and Park, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 15, Enger Park, Skyline Parkway off Hank Jensen Drive. Features food trucks, children’s activities, official program by Mayor Don Ness at 1 p.m. and yoga. Community cleanup of the park will be held from 5-7 p.m. June 12. Call (218) 730-4334 or email email@example.com.
Arrowhead Fly Fishers annual potluck picnic, 4-9 p.m. June 17, Chambers Grove Park in Fond du Lac on the St. Louis River. Dinner at 5 p.m. Bring your own meat to grill, beverages and a dish to share. The club will provide the grill, tableware and condiments.
Dragon boat class for beginners and experienced paddlers meets once a week for four weeks beginning June 24. New paddlers will learn the basics, and experienced paddlers will learn advanced skills, team management tips and race strategies. Cost: $40, includes membership in Blue Water Paddling, Duluth-Superior’s inclusive dragon boat club. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to bluewaterpaddling.org.
Arrowhead Fly Fishers women’s retreat, June 27-29, Crooked Lake Resort in Finland. Reservations required by June 1. Call Laurie at (218) 525-6239 or email email@example.com.
Kraus-Anderson Bike Duluth Festival, Aug. 16-17, in Duluth. Features Enduro race, guided trail rides and hikes, downhill race, voyageurs revenge race and party at Chester Bowl. Go to bikeduluthfestival.com for details.
If you have a meeting notice or other item to submit to Outdoors Notes, you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it (218) 720-4120, attention Outdoors Notes. Deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Tuesday before the Sunday of publication. If you have any questions, call Kris at (218) 723-5322.