Duluth Archery Club 30 target 3D shoot, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. today, 5979 Eagle Lake Road. Cost: $15 for adults, $7.50 for ages 12-18 and free for ages 11 and younger. Call (218) 590-5632.
Monday evening mountain bike rides, 6 p.m. Mondays. Call Ski Hut at (218) 724-8525 each week for location. Free.
Duluth Audubon Society spring warbler walks with Larry and Jan Kraemer, 6:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through May. On Tuesdays, meet at the small paved Western Waterfront Trail parking lot across from the zoo, next to the Tappa Keg — not the large lot behind the Munger Inn. On Thursdays, meet at the Park Point Recreation Center parking lot near the soccer field. Free.
DXC Summer Juniors training program parent and athlete informational session, for grades 7-12, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Ordean East Middle School cafeteria, 2900 E. Fourth St.
Arrowhead Fly Fishers club meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Clyde Iron Works Restaurant, 2920 W. Michigan St. Speaker: Theodore Angradi on fly fishing for muskies around Duluth.
Proctor Gun Club trap league and open shooting, 3:30 p.m. to dark Wednesdays, U.S. Highway 2, one mile north of Proctor. Call (218) 724-7895.
Superior Trap & Gun Club summer league shooting, 4 p.m. to dark Wednesdays through Aug. 27, 5642 Wisconsin Highway 35, Superior. A six-week doubles league will start July 2.
Hartley Nature Center offers these events at 3001 Woodland Ave. Call (218) 724-6735 or go to hartleynature.org.
* Wildflower walks: 6-8 p.m. Wednesday as well as June 11 and July 16. Cost: $6, $4 for members, free for children.
* Evenings in the Butterfly Garden, 6-8 p.m. June 4, June 18, July 2, July 16, July 30, Aug. 13, and Aug. 27. Free.
4-H Shooting Sports/Wildlife Orientation, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Carlton County Transportation Building, 1630 Highway 61, Carlton. Learn about shooting sports project and have the opportunity to practice with the Minnesota DNR laser shot simulator equipment. Call (218) 384-3511.
Thursday Night Fly Tying Get Together, 7 p.m. Thursday, Great Lakes Fly Shop, 4426 Regent St. Free. Call (218) 740-3040.
Brule-St. Croix Chapter of the North Country Trail Association offers these guided hikes in the Solon Springs area. Unless otherwise noted, hikes depart at 9 a.m. from KD’s Restaurant in Solon Springs. Go to northcountrytrail.org/bsc or meetup.com/SSCBHikers, email email@example.com or call (715) 292-3484.
* Saturday: Solon Springs to Leo Creek
* June 8: National Trails Day Hike – 10 a.m. at Highland Town Hall
* June 22: Brule-St. Croix Historic Portage – 1 p.m.
* July 5: Bird Sanctuary
* July 26: Hiker’s choice
* Aug. 9: Solon Springs North to Reinsberg Road
* Aug. 23: Solon Springs South to Leo Creek
* Aug. 30: Labor Day weekend hike – Brule-St. Croix Boardwalk
* Sept. 6: Brule-St. Croix Historic Portage
* Sept. 20: Bird Sanctuary
* Sept. 27: North Country Trail Day celebration
* Oct. 11: West Mail Road to Two Bridges Road
UMD Recreational Sports Outdoor Program offers these events. Call (218) 726-7128, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to umdrsop.org.
* Swift water rescue, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday through May 26. Cost: $358, $322 for UMD students.
* ACA Coastal Kayak Day Trip, May 31-June 1. Cost: $230, $205 UMD students.
* Wilderness Water Safety, May 31-June 1. Cost: $200.
Old Vermilion Trail sporting clays summer league and open shooting, begins May 27, 6980 Old Vermilion Trail. Hours: 4 p.m. to dark Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays for first two weeks, then noon to dark. Call (218) 721-3804.
River Talks, science talks about the estuary, 7 p.m. May 27, Clyde Iron Works Restaurant, 2920 W. Michigan St. Go to lsnerr.uwex.edu/events.html.
Boulder Lake Environmental Learning Center, 7328 Boulder Dam Road, offers these events. Call (218) 721-3731, email email@example.com or go to boulderlake.org.
* Minnesota Phenology: Monitoring Seasonal Changes webinar, May 28
* St. Louis River Watershed Educator Workshop – session I, June 10-11
* What’s New in Green Building Standards? Webinar, June 17
* St. Louis River Watershed Educator Workshop – session II, June 18-19
* Talking with Landowners about Intergenerational Land Transfer webinar, July 15
* Minnesota Master Naturalist volunteer training, July 28-Aug. 1
* Minnesota Master Naturalist volunteer training, Aug. 18-22
* Sasquatch Scramble Obstacle 5K Run, Sept. 6
Crex Meadows Wildlife Area offers these events. Go to crexmeadows.org or call (715) 463-2739.
* Songbird banding, 7 a.m. to noon May 31. Free. Registration required.
* Explore bowhunting workshop, ages 11-17, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 7. Registration required by Friday. Free.
* Botany talks and walks, 1-4 p.m. June 8. Topic: Wildflower ID
* Mug and mammal morning hikes, 8:30-10 a.m. June 14, July 12 and Aug. 9. Free.
* Wildlife ethics, for high school students, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 19 and June 26. Cost: $5 per day or $8 for both sessions.
* Wild edibles, 6-8 p.m. June 25. Cost: $5. Registration required.
* WILD women workshop, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 19. Cost: $10. Registration required.
* Botany talks and walks, 1-4 p.m. July 20. Topic: Ferns and club moss
* Paddle Phantom, 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 2. Rent a kayak for $20 or bring your own. Registration required.
* Outdoor skills camp, for ages 10-15, 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 4-7. Free. Registration required.
* Botany talks and walks, 1-4 p.m. Aug. 17. Topic: Grass ID
* Crex for Kids Camp, for ages 8-12, 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 25-28. Free. Registration required.
Voyageurs National Park’s boat tours begin June 15 and depart from Rainy Lake and Kabetogama Lake visitor centers. You can reserve your dates now. Call (877) 444-6777 or go to recreation.gov.
Arrowhead Fly Fishers annual potluck picnic, 4-9 p.m. June 17, Chambers Grove Park in Fond du Lac on the St. Louis River. Dinner at 5 p.m. Bring your own meat to grill, beverages and a dish to share. The club will provide the grill, tableware and condiments.
Arrowhead Fly Fishers women’s retreat, June 27-29, Crooked Lake Resort in Finland. Reservations required by June 1. Call Laurie at (218) 525-6239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kraus-Anderson Bike Duluth Festival, Aug. 16-17, in Duluth. Features Enduro race, guided trail rides and hikes, downshill race, voyageurs revenge race and party at Chester Bowl. Go to bikeduluthfestival.com for details.
If you have a meeting notice or other item to submit to Outdoors Notes, you can email it to us at email@example.com or fax it (218) 720-4120, attention Outdoors Notes. Deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Tuesday before the Sunday of publication. If you have any questions, call Kris at (218) 723-5322.