‘Meet on the Street’ in Lincoln Park on Sunday
On most days, Third Street serves as a main thoroughfare carrying traffic through Duluth’s Lincoln Park neighborhood.
“Meet on the Street” is scheduled to be held from 2-6 p.m. on Third Street between 24th and 27th avenues west.
Organizers say they hope the free event will help engage and connect the community and spark ideas to make the neighborhood more livable.
Scheduled activities include:
- Hopscotch, sidewalk chalk and a community art project with Northern Expressions Arts Collective.
- Minnow races and blood pressure checks sponsored by First Covenant Church.
- Yoga on the street with the Duluth YMCA (bring your own mat).
- A demonstration bikeway sponsored by Healthy Duluth Area Coalition (bring your own bike and helmet).
- Games and kids’ activities sponsored by Rock Hill Community Church, Insure Duluth, Lincoln Park Children and Family Collaborative and other groups.
For a full list of activities, go to the event’s Facebook page — search for “Lincoln Park Meet on the Street.”
The event is sponsored by the Center for Prevention at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota. Additional sponsors include St. Louis County Public Health and Human Services, Healthy Northland, the Minnesota Statewide Health Improvement Program, the Lincoln Park Business Group, Ecolibrium3, Duluth LISC, Northern Expressions Arts Collective, Rock Hill Community Church, First Covenant Church and Healthy Duluth Area Coalition.