Man dies from injuries suffered in St. Paul house fire
A 25-year-old man has died from injuries suffered in a house fire Sunday morning in St. Paul.
Firefighters rescued Daniel Trabant and took him to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, where he died Sunday afternoon, according to a hospital spokesman.
The blaze broke out about 5:45 a.m. in the residence in the 1400 block of Van Buren Av., according to St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard.
Seven people were inside the two-story house in the Hamline-Midway neighborhood at the time of the fire.
Trabant and another adult were taken to Regions. Trabant was in critical condition at that time, and the other adult was stable.
The Ramsey County medical examiner’s office will determine Trabant’s cause of death.
Zaccard said the fire was caused when an unattended candle ignited curtains in a second-floor bedroom.