Helping Out for March 16, 2014
SECOND HARVEST NORTHERN LAKES FOOD BANK
Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank seeks volunteers to help keep things at the food bank run smoothly. Call Sarah Bourcy at (218) 727-5653, ext. 110, or email email@example.com for information.
- Transportation: Assist the Second Harvest driver with food distributions, help set up the site, direct traffic, carry food boxes and more. Must be friendly, enjoy working with people, able to sit for short periods of time, stand, bend and lift up to 50 pounds. Wear casual, comfortable shoes and clothing. Primarily daytime hours with 2- to 9-hour commitment required.
- Adopt-A-Senior or Family: Deliver monthly commodity food boxes to people residing in Cook, Lake, St. Louis and Carlton counties. Flexible schedule. Must be friendly, enjoy working with people, able to lift a 40-pound box of food and have reliable transportation. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Office/administrative: Detail oriented, organized, volunteers are needed to assist with data entry, filing, direct mail projects and more. Projects are typically on an on-call basis however, weekly scheduling could occur. Must enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
RSVP – SUPERIOR/DOUGLAS COUNTY
RSVP – Superior/Douglas County seeks volunteers for the following positions. Call (715) 394-4425 for more information.
- Docents and office support: Volunteers are needed to help at the North End Arts Gallery located in the Trade and Commerce building on Hammond Avenue and Broadway Street in Superior. Gallery hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Saturday and Monday. Office support volunteers answer the telephone and help keep visitors from handling artwork. Volunteer orientation is provided. Email Patricia Lenz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call RSVP at the number above.
- Readers: Volunteers age 55 and above are needed to read once a month to kids in head start in Superior/Douglas County.
NORTH HOUSE FOLK SCHOOL
NorthHouseFolkSchool has many volunteer opportunities. Volunteers distribute catalogs, host programs during special events, assist with mailings and so much more. To volunteer, contact Kelly Dupre, volunteer and classroom coordinator, at (888) 387-9762 or (218) 387-9762, or go to northhouse.org.
SOLID ROCK SAFE HAVEN
Northwest Wisconsin Community Services Agency Inc. seeks volunteers to assist with meal preparation and service at Solid Rock Safe Haven, 1004 N. Sixth St., Superior. Background checks are required and volunteers must be able to lift and carry items up and down stairs. Volunteers should also be compassionate, patient and willing to work with people from all walks of life. Call (715) 392-5127 or go to northwest-csa.org for more information.
If your organization needs volunteers for a cause, you can make a request to readers. Send it to Helping Out, Duluth News Tribune, 424 W. First St., Duluth, MN 55802, email email@example.com or fax 720-4120.