Fourth of July events in the Twin Ports and vicinity
Cloquet July Fourth Fest features these events Friday. Go to visitcloquet.com.
* Veterans Celebration parade, 11 a.m., downtown on Cloquet Avenue
* Family fun at Veterans Park including craft show, bingo, food vendors, dash for cash, skateboard demonstrations, face painting, wagon rides, magic show, live music and an outdoor movie, noon to 5 p.m.
* Accordion concert, 4 p.m. Carlton County Historical Society Museum
* Pool party at the beach, 2-4 p.m., Pinehurst Park
* Carnival rides and games, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Voyageurs Park
* Fireworks at 10:10 p.m. over the St. Louis River
Two Harbors Fourth of July offers these events Friday. Go to twoharborschamber.com.
* Firemen’s kids races, 10 a.m. at the field by the clinic
* City Band concert, 7:30 p.m. at Thomas Owens Park
* Fireworks at Agate Bay at 10 p.m.
Superior Fourth of July Celebration features these events Friday. Go to superiorchamber.org.
* Parade, 11 a.m., 28th Street and Catlin Avenue, west on 28th Street to Hammond Avenue, south on Hammond to the Superior Middle School.
* Superior Singers, 1 p.m. in Heritage Park. Free. Go to superiorsingers.com.
* Children’s Art hosted by Lindsey Graskey, 1-4 p.m. at north 13th Street east of Tower Avenue.
* Car show, 2-6 p.m. on Tower Avenue. Music by the Bugs Band.
* Fireworks, 10:15 p.m. at the fairgrounds
City of Duluth Fourth Fest, 4-11 p.m. Friday, Bayfront Festival Park. Features music by Permanent Party Rock Band, Air National Guard Band of the Midwest, Brody Olson and Danny Buck, Big Wave Dave and The Ripples with fireworks at 10:10 p.m. Free. Go to bayfrontfestivalpark.com or visitduluth.com.
Grand Marais Fourth of July Celebration offers these events Friday. Go to visitcookcounty.com.
* Ice cream social, 6-8 p.m., First Congregational Church, Third Avenue West and Second Street. Donation.
* Parade, 8 p.m. on Wisconsin Street
* Live music, 8-10 p.m., Harbor Park
* Fireworks at dusk over Grand Marais harbor
Great American Picnic, Friday and Saturday, Fitger’s Complex Courtyard, 600 E. Superior St. Folk musical festival with tiki bar, food stands and lemonade stand. Call (218) 727-4880 or go to midirestaurant.net.
Cornucopia Club’s annual fish fry, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Town of Bell Town Hall, County Highway C, Cornucopia. Tickets: $10 for adults, $5 for ages 11 and younger. The money from this meal pays for the fireworks, which will be held at 10 p.m. Saturday. Call (715) 742-3924.