Faces for April 20, 2014
* Leadership Duluth collected more than 20,000 diapers and wipes during its 2014 Diaper Drive for CHUM. The donation was made March 31.
Leadership Duluth’s Diaper Drive took place between Feb. 28 and March 28, with drop-off boxes placed at businesses around Duluth. A significant amount of the donations were collected by employees of Minnesota Power and Merrill Lynch.
* Air Force Airman Courtney R. Peterson graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland in San Antonio. Peterson is a 2013 graduate of Hermantown High School and the daughter of Gary Peterson and Kay Bresser of Cloudcroft, N.M.
* Rotary Club of Duluth announced Jodi Slick, CEO of Ecolibrium3, joined the club.
* Linda Bagley of Duluth received a Viennese Ball Senior Music award for talent, academic achievement and contributions to the music and theater arts department at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire’s 40th annual Viennese Ball on April 11. Bagley is a violin performance major and will perform with the Baroque Ensemble and the University Symphony Orchestra at this year’s Viennese Ball. Her parents are Patricia and Michael Bagley.
* Proctor senior DECA student Megan Stemper advanced to the International Career Development Conference after finishing second in the Sports and Entertainment Marketing Individual Series and was in the top eight in the Marketing Plan-Product category at the Minnesota State Career Development Conference in Minneapolis. The international conference will take place May 3-6 in Atlanta.