2014 Northland Fishing Contests
* May 17-18 — Berg Construction Walleye Cup, St. Louis River, 60-boat limit, $100 per boat entry fee, more than $12,000 in cash and prizes, information at twinportswalleye.com.
* May 17 — City Auto Glass Walleye Classic, Lake Vermilion. Entry fee $400 per team, first prize $10,000, information at cityautoglass.com.
* May 17 — Sixth annual Jeremy Rush Hiltbrunner Cystic Fibrosis Walleye Tournament on White Iron, Farm and Garden lakes near Ely. Entry fee $25; more information, (218) 235-8134.
* May 31 — 2014 Kolar Toyota ALS Walleye Tournament, Island Lake. Two anglers per boat. Each team must raise $350, information at webmn.alsa.org.
* May 31-June 1 — Leech Lake Walleye Tournament, Leech Lake. Entry fee $350, first place $13,000 (based on 155 boats). More information at leechlakewalleye
* June 1 — Minnesota Pro Team Bass Trail, Lake Vermilion. Smallmouth and largemouth bass. Entry fee $300. More information, (320) 980-0055.
* June 7-8 — United Northern Sportsmen’s Club 34th annual Memorial Walleye Contest, Island Lake, entry fee $5, gate prize, $300 cash. More information at local bait shops.
* June 7 — McGregor Area Lakes Fishing Tournament, walleyes and northern pike, Big Sandy and Minnewawa lakes, entry fee $75. More information, (218) 426-3692.
* June 14 — June Shoot Out on the St. Louis River, 50 boats, $50 per boat entry fee, 100 percent payout to top five places, information at twinportswalleye.com.
* June 21 — 14th annual Lincoln Park Walleye Open, St. Louis River, entry fee $35, 40th place $1,000 cash, merchandise prizes for top 40 places. More information at lpbg.org/fishing.
* July 13 — Women on Winnie, Lake Winnibigoshish, Deer River. Entry fee, $60; 50 boats, two-person teams. More
information at womenonwinnie.com.
* Aug. 23 — Summer Slam on Island Lake, 25 boats, $50 per boat entry fee, cash payout to top three places, information at twinports
If you have a fishing contest to list, email information to firstname.lastname@example.org.