Make a Difference
• Raising the Par for PEO, an 18-hole golf scramble fundraiser for Positive Energy Outdoors hosted by the 2017 graduating class of Leadership Duluth, on Monday at Enger Park Golf Course. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m., tee off is at 11 a.m. and dinner is at 5 p.m. The event will raise funds for scholarships for children from low-income families to attend numerous day camps, field trips and other outdoor education programs. The cost is $150 per player. The event also includes contests, prizes, concierge bag service, complimentary golf carts and lunch. Teams of four are encouraged to sign up. Go to outdooredventures.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
• Memorial Blood Centers will offer the following blood drives across the Northland. Call (888) GIVE-BLD (448-3253) or go to mbc.org for eligibility guidelines and to schedule an appointment.
Monday: 2:30-6 p.m., Daggett's IGA, County Highway 61 and First St., Hinckley. Sponsored by the Hinckley community.
Monday: 3-6 p.m. Chequamegon Food Co-op, 700 Main St. W., Ashland.
Monday: 3-6 p.m., Iron River Ambulance Service, Highway 2.
Tuesday: 2-5 p.m. Community Memorial Hospital, 512 Skyline Boulevard, Cloquet.
Tuesday: 8:30-11:30 a.m., Duluth city employees, 313 City Hall.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Kolar Toyota, 4780 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth.
Wednesday: Noon to 6:30 p.m., 23 Hardware and Lumber, 6380 County Road 33, Askov.
Thursday: Noon to 6 p.m., Cromwell Volunteer Fire Department, PO Box 7.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Kolar Toyota, 4781 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth.
• The Daisy Shop clearance sale is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday and Friday in Benedictine Health Center's lobby at 935 Kenwood Ave. in Duluth. Almost everything will be priced between $2 and $5. Proceeds benefit BHC.
• CHUM's Rhubarb Festival is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, June 24, at 11th Avenue East and London Road in Duluth. Event-goers will find every rhubarb delicacy known to man — from pies to jams to breads. This festival also has games, crafts, music, auctions and stage shows. Go to chumduluth.org for more information.
• Ruby's Pantry food distribution begins at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 24, at Fond du Lac Community Church, 521 131st Ave. W., Duluth. The cost is $20. Come a little early and sign up to be a volunteer to help unload and distribute. Go to fdlcc.org for information.
• Twin Ports Stage's Variety Show Revue begins at 2 p.m. June 18 at Superior Elks Club, 1503 Belknap St., Superior. Music, dance and comedy will highlight the show, which will be co-hosted by company members Barbara Reyelts and John Munson. Tickets are $15 and proceeds benefit the new Superior Arts and Event Center. Reservations can be made by calling (715) 392-1742. Tickets will also be available at the door.
Donations can also be made to support the Arts Center by sending checks to the company at P.O. Box 1484, Superior, WI, 54880, or by using the "donate" button on the Twin Ports Stage facebook page. Email email@example.com for more information.
• Carlton County Sheriff's Mounted Posse seeks volunteer riding members to help promote peace and public relations with the community as well as assist the sheriff in certain emergencies. Volunteers must have skilled horsemanship, sportsmanship and model safety practices within the community. Apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Age Well Arrowhead needs volunteers for its grocery delivery program for older adults, Groceries-To-Go. Volunteers can act as order takers, shoppers and delivery drivers. Order takers will field inbound calls from homebound seniors who wish to place a grocery order. Shoppers will fulfill orders for homebound seniors at local grocery stores. Drivers will pick up and deliver grocery orders to homebound seniors.
Sign up by contacting Patti Nadeau at email@example.com or (218) 623-7804.